QB Cy Ables (McMinn CO) looks very impressive

Pastordjs

Even though McMinn Co lost to McCallie, Cy Ables still looked very impressive. He was 26 of 42, no interceptions, with 283 yards passing. He also had 15 carries for 66 yards rushing. Game notes: He was constantly under pressure and still racked up 283 yds passing. There were also "several" mid-to-long range, on-the-mark passes, which hit the receivers hands and were dropped. As for the loss, its hard to win a game win the punter has to fall on the ball twice because of bad snaps and the punt returner can't catch the ball --- all of which led to McCallie points. Nothing bad about McCallie, though. They have a solid team, and took quick advantage of McMinn's special team mistakes.

He is a big QB too, 6-5 or so...big arm...reminds me of chad pennington a little hope our coaches dont overlook him!

Cy is really good. He is something to watch. He threw for 283 yrds last night against a good McCallie defense...and if not for dropped passes; it could have easily been 383yrds. He somewhat reminds me of a cross between Florida's Tim Tebow and Texas Tech's Graham Harrell.

I saw him at the Central game. They didn't throw much there so I could really tell much about him. Looks tough. Did he get his shoulder messed up last year? I fear that he might not have enough above average talent around him to make him shine. The 11 kid looked decent though. Hopefully the coaches will turn him loose.

Cy is healthy and in great shape. If he continues to perform the way he has played the last two games, he will start turning some heads.

VN Store

Back