Maryville vs. Alcoa

BigOrangeVol29

aka UTVolFan29 on Twitter
Well, for the 5th straight year I'll be attending the Rebels v. Tornadoes game. It's always been a great game for a HS fan whether you're an alum or not (I'm a Morristown East High alum), but I've always found the atmosphere amazing:rock:. I'm looking forward to watching Tyler Robinson to see if he can earn himself a big orange uni, or if he ends up in Lexington or Blacksburg too.

I just graduated from Maryville this year, and I hate to say it, but I really think Alcoa is gonna win it this year.

I just graduated from Maryville this year, and I hate to say it, but I really think Alcoa is gonna win it this year.

IMO... This year they have the best chance to win. I dont think they can stop ALCOA's rushing game with TONEY & TYSON:no:.

Yeah, I think Alcoa will win because they seem more talented and Maryville doesn't seem to have any big-time players. Of course, I said the same thing last year, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm just glad I got out of there when I did in '08. 60-0, 4 State Championships, I'll take that.

Somebody please post updates here. I've been to this game for the past several years but I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

..better yet if anyone going wants to text updates to me. :)

Alcoa was just up here in kentucky last week and smoked the 2008 State AAA Champions.

Ok frist i'll be a frshman next year at william blount i will be there tonight and go alcoa but the reason they beat them was to bells injurys im frends with alcoas qb from last year he said the two best players but from bell went out after halftime

Did you pay attention to football at all while you were at Maryville? You should know by now that as long as GQ is on the sidelines, Maryville has a chance to beat anyone...regardless of talent. Last year's team should have lost four games, but they didn'.t
Alcoa "should have" beaten Maryville several times over the past few years, but they never can seem to pull it off.
I'll never pick against the Rebels in this game...unless a bunch of the team's starters get in trouble for counterfeiting money in the school cafeteria, and have to miss the game. In that case, I might consider Alcoa.

Did you pay attention to football at all while you were at Maryville? You should know by now that as long as GQ is on the sidelines, Maryville has a chance to beat anyone...regardless of talent. Last year's team should have lost four games, but they didn'.t
Alcoa "should have" beaten Maryville several times over the past few years, but they never can seem to pull it off.
I'll never pick against the Rebels in this game...unless a bunch of the team's starters get in trouble for counterfeiting money in the school cafeteria, and have to miss the game. In that case, I might consider Alcoa.

I agree with your post 100%. I graduated MHS many years ago and when I was in 8th grade we had a 14 game win streak against Alcoa..

Many people say Alcoa has more talent but don't they always? GQ gets more out of less than any coach I have ever seen. Yea he had Maple, Douglas and Burnett but Alcoa also had Sykes, Lancaster, Cobb, Warren and couldn't beat them. Thats why I hesitate to say they can beat MHS. Should be interesting

VN Store

Back