Dobyns Bennett at Farragut

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Just kIcked off.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Are you pulling for either?

Farragut grad, so...

9-0 Admirals at the half. Farrugut had a turnover and a blocked punt but DB hasn't been able to muster any offense. Farragut scored a TD and a safety that resulted from poor field position after a bad snap.

Farragut grad, so...

9-0 Admirals at the half. Farrugut had a turnover and a blocked punt but DB hasn't been able to muster any offense. Farragut scored a TD and a safety that resulted from poor field position after a bad snap.

Is DB still the power I used to hear about, or are they looking to have something of a down year?

Is DB still the power I used to hear about, or are they looking to have something of a down year?

Honestly, I don't know.

Their tailback is supposed to be pretty good but he hasn't shown much so far tonight.

DB, as usual, are supposed to be the favorite east of Knoxville. Sullivan South I think is a better team though. They have two stud LB's that are all state canidates. I think one is Curt Philips brother. Curt Philips is the starting QB for Wisconsin.

Honestly, I don't know.

Their tailback is supposed to be pretty good but he hasn't shown much so far tonight.

How about Farragut? I read somewhere that their RB (or something else, I can't quite remember) is one of the best in the state. Are they holding to form?

26-8 Admirals. Final.

The result is a bit surprising. DB used to be one of the top teams in the state. Maybe Farragut has just gotten better. Oak Ridge might be in trouble next week against them.

Is Courtney still the HC at Farragut? Last time I was in town he didn't sound very good.

Yes. I played QB at Farragut from '97-00. I think since my time there skill position players have gotten a lot better and the assistant coaches he brought in are much better.

Go Admirals!

Class of 97 graduate here.

Freak - when did you graduate?
And did Farragut look that good, or was DB just not playing that well?

JZVol - I have a new found respect for ya, my fellow Admiral.

I should be at either Farragut-Oak Ridge or Farragut-Bearden this year.

Yes. I played QB at Farragut from '97-00. I think since my time there skill position players have gotten a lot better and the assistant coaches he brought in are much better.

I talked to him about 2-3 years ago, it sounded like he may not be around much longer? (don't know if its public knowledge, so I wont say much more about it).

Glad to hear he is making Farragut better, I played when Fisher was the coach and was glad to see him go.

I talked to him about 2-3 years ago, it sounded like he may not be around much longer? (don't know if its public knowledge, so I wont say much more about it).

Glad to hear he is making Farragut better, I played when Fisher was the coach and was glad to see him go.

It was pretty much public knowledge but no need to rehash it.

Coach Courtney is a really good guy. I can only assume the assistants he hired are much better. I played for Crawford and Coach Lyle and there was always a lot of friction on the staff and it just didn't work well back then.

VN Store

Back