TSSAA Selects Cookeville to host BlueCross Bowl!

CagleMtnVol

TSSAA Board of Control voted to select Cookeville as the host of the 2009 and 2010 BlueCross Bowl Football Championships.

Chattanooga had the best deal for the TSSAA big wigs as well as the best stadium and surrounding things to do!

Chattanooga had the best deal for the TSSAA big wigs as well as the best stadium and surrounding things to do!

No, Chattanooga is too long of a drive for everyone in the state. It only appeals to the Chattanooga teams. Most everyone wanted to keep the game in Middle Tennessee.

I go to Tennessee Tech. I don't see why they made this deal at all. I'm guessing it's for the remote teams in East Tennessee. The smaller stadium will give it a more lively feel. The new field at Tech is really nice though.

No, Chattanooga is too long of a drive for everyone in the state. It only appeals to the Chattanooga teams. Most everyone wanted to keep the game in Middle Tennessee.

Who is most everyone? I'm sure the Memphis people wanted it near them - and Chattanooga people wanted it near them.

Overall - Chattanooga is the most attractive place by far to host it if you throw out the driving distance though.

I don't want to hear Chattanooga is a long drive. When I was in high school my baseball team had to travel over 500 miles to the Spring Fling in Memphis on a school bus.

And Murfreesboro is a close drive for only a fraction of schools in the state. It only appeals to the middle TN teams.

And Murfreesboro is a close drive for only a fraction of schools in the state. It only appeals to the middle TN teams.

You first point is true everywhere. TTU pleases many less teams than MTSU. The point of being at MTSU is they are the geographic center of the state.

I think Chatty would be the best place. I could honestly care less, but I think it would have been the best location. Murfesboro would have been better than Cookeville

I don't want to hear Chattanooga is a long drive. When I was in high school my baseball team had to travel over 500 miles to the Spring Fling in Memphis on a school bus.

Seriously, f' all the other places, Chattanooga teams usually have to do all the traveling in the postseason, anyway.

Seriously the TSSAA is a joke and has always been a joke. There all about the money. Now that Ronnie Carter is out, hopefully McNese and Childress have more sense than Carter.

Them moving this event away from Murfreesboro is a travesty. In a geographically challenged state like Tennessee......Murfreesboro is the most logical location for the event, now that Vandy has gone to grass.

Terrible decision by the TSSAA........I bet it kills their Saturday 4A-5A-6A gates. Might be a little better deal for the ET teams, but moving the event farther from your two largest cities is just stupid.

This will be the largest crowd tucker stadium has ever seen...by a long shot!

I think Cookeville's location on I-40, plus the hotel and restaurant selection had an impact on this decision

This will be the largest crowd tucker stadium has ever seen...by a long shot!

I think Cookeville's location on I-40, plus the hotel and restaurant selection had an impact on this decision

Those are good points. That is a nice area. Needs to stay close to the center of the state.

Cookeville won the bid guys. Quit your bitchin. If Chatt town wanted it so bad they should have outbid them. Tech is a fine place to have the games.

One thing I don't know if you guys have seen or heard is that I have seen several quotes from BOC members saying how lackluster the Murfreesboro folks were in not only the bid which was the lowest but also in there presentation to the board. I got the feeling that they were saying that a were a little arrogant in thinking that the TSSAA would not move the games and that it was almost there right to host it regardless.

I also saw where some members said that could have a bearing on there voting when the decision for the Spring Fling is voted on later this summer.

Which ever city bids the highest will probably get the Fling, just like Cookeville and the Clinic Bowl.

I could see Murfreesboro making a high bid and better presentation this time.

One thing I don't know if you guys have seen or heard is that I have seen several quotes from BOC members saying how lackluster the Murfreesboro folks were in not only the bid which was the lowest but also in there presentation to the board. I got the feeling that they were saying that a were a little arrogant in thinking that the TSSAA would not move the games and that it was almost there right to host it regardless.

I also saw where some members said that could have a bearing on there voting when the decision for the Spring Fling is voted on later this summer.

I'd bet that Knoxville gets the fling.

What about Knoxville? I know it's more east, but it would be a dream to play in Neyland, but the atmosphere wouldn't be that great because its to big.

What about Knoxville? I know it's more east, but it would be a dream to play in Neyland, but the atmosphere wouldn't be that great because its to big.

Knoxville I think will get the fling, but there's no way in hell that Neyland is hosting the state football title game in any capacity but in the NCAA football video game.

That sucks. When is this so I'll know to avoid Cookeville at all costs? Around the first of December?

VN Store

Back