Remember Two-a-Days?

the.one.the.only

Something I saw a minute ago reminded me of this. Remember Rush Propst the HC from Hoover? Well as most of us know, after that show went off Hoover got into a little trouble, as did Propst, in which he quit his job and moved to south Ga. He got a HC job at Colquitt County (I believe, too lazy to look up all the details. I know it was a 1AAAAA school) and proclaimed when he started that nobody in south GA would be able to stop his high scoring offense (which he bought from Tony Franklin BTW). Well long story short they did horrible this year and Propst almost bolted again.

Which brings me to my point. Would you want your kids to play for this guy? He seems like such a sleezeball. Read this article, it's almost disgusting.

Propst gets second shot, looks to turn around Colquitt County - USATODAY.com

"I will do the right thing," he said. "It's the right thing to be a father and to be a husband and provide for your family. That's what you should do.

The "right" thing to do definitely isn't divorce your wife and ignore your 3 kids to be with the lady you had an affair and illegitimate child with.

Last edited:
Also, a little background into what kind of region he got himself into.
He's in for a BAD experience over here!!! His team plays in 1AAAAA, the toughest region on the PLANET, what with six teams that have at least one AAAAA State Championship, two being nationally ranked, two having multiple national championships, and another being the most successful team in national prep history, the Valdosta Wildcats!!!

Scout.com: Trouble in MTV land at Hoover High School ?

Also, a little background into what kind of region he got himself into.
He's in for a BAD experience over here!!! His team plays in 1AAAAA, the toughest region on the PLANET, what with six teams that have at least one AAAAA State Championship, two being nationally ranked, two having multiple national championships, and another being the most successful team in national prep history, the Valdosta Wildcats!!!

Scout.com: Trouble in MTV land at Hoover High School ?

Since they are great friends, maybe Tony Franklin can join his staff. I hear he has plenty of time on his hands now.

I distinctly remember what old sweat/cut grass marinade smells like...the clack of cleats on pavement after practice in 100 degree heat...the oven that helmet becomes after an hour...the taste of a plastic mouthguard when your mouth has been 2 hours past cotton. But I LOVE me some football.

The "right" thing to do definitely isn't divorce your wife and ignore your 3 kids to be with the lady you had an affair and illegitimate child with.

I agree with your sentiments, except calling a kid "illegitimate" is kind of outdated. It isn't the kid's fault his father committed adultery, and shouldn't have to carry that burden.

I agree with your sentiments, except calling a kid "illegitimate" is kind of outdated. It isn't the kid's fault his father committed adultery, and shouldn't have to carry that burden.

Oh no, I'm not knocking the kid in any way, but it was late and I couldn't think of a better word at the time.

Since they are great friends, maybe Tony Franklin can join his staff. I hear he has plenty of time on his hands now.

LOL no I'm fairly certain they aren't friends, but I do like how Propst boasts how great HIS system is...when in fact he just bought "The Tony Franklin System". Who knows where this guy's arrogance comes from... he certainly hasn't earned it. Well, it's good to know this guy will get blasted in 1AAAAA year after year.

He's in way over his head. This is a case of big fish in a little pond being just another fish in the ocean that is Georgia high school football.

The article says that "Auburn offensive coordinator Tony Franklin, who is a close friend of Propst, said MTV cameras failed to reflect that he inspires loyalty from players." Now why in the world would a newspaper report something that is not true?

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

Let me guess, stipend on a teachers salary?

Actually I was forced out of said position because a teacher put in for it.

Ohio Revised Code stipulates that if there is a paid position involving a supplemental contract, a teacher gets first priority. This also means that if it's held by a non-teacher and a teacher wants it, the non-teacher is automatically forced out.

There was a huge issue a few years back where a local cross country coach who was both a terrific coach and person was forced out by a teacher who wanted the extra few thousand and cared not at all about the team, the kids, or the sport.

Actually I was forced out of said position because a teacher put in for it.

Ohio Revised Code stipulates that if there is a paid position involving a supplemental contract, a teacher gets first priority. This also means that if it's held by a non-teacher and a teacher wants it, the non-teacher is automatically forced out.

There was a huge issue a few years back where a local cross country coach who was both a terrific coach and person was forced out by a teacher who wanted the extra few thousand and cared not at all about the team, the kids, or the sport.

Man, that's rough. So, did you find a new coaching job yet, or did you decide to take the year off?

Man, that's rough. So, did you find a new coaching job yet, or did you decide to take the year off?

I've taken the last two years off. Part of it is not having the desire to jump into a situation that's less than optimal (which that one certainly was), and the other part is that I've been doing a ton of work to make myself the best coach possible.

To that end, I've been doing a lot studying the kinetics of line play (both offensive and defensive) and am about 98% of the way to making a defensive lineman literally unblockable. Being paranoid, I also am about 80% of the way to making an offensive lineman able to beat that group of techniques.

Also, I've been working on an offensive playbook that defies logic. Anyone can make a 700-page playbook, but it takes a stroke of genius to make a written playbook unnecessary; that's what I'm going for. When I find the right situation to jump back in, I will be on my way to finally bagging the state championship ring that has eluded me thus far.

1) I've taken the last two years off. Part of it is not having the desire to jump into a situation that's less than optimal (which that one certainly was), and the other part is that I've been doing a ton of work to make myself the best coach possible.

2) To that end, I've been doing a lot studying the kinetics of line play (both offensive and defensive) and am about 98% of the way to making a defensive lineman literally unblockable. Being paranoid, I also am about 80% of the way to making an offensive lineman able to beat that group of techniques.

3) Also, I've been working on an offensive playbook that defies logic. Anyone can make a 700-page playbook, but it takes a stroke of genius to make a written playbook unnecessary; that's what I'm going for. When I find the right situation to jump back in, I will be on my way to finally bagging the state championship ring that has eluded me thus far.

1 - So, you've been basically hibernating from the coaching circuits, remaking yourself, or I should say, optimizing yourself, until you pop back up to take another job later on.

2. Wow, that's something else to say the least. Never heard of any coach doing something that detailed. But, it's good that you're doing all of that; line play is the most critical component of football, and if you do that well, you can win most of your games.

3. Going the Paul Johnson route, and trying to make a playbook that's all memory? It's all about the Jimmy's and Joe's, not the X's and O's, as I've heard. Hopefully you get that ring. Most coaches never get there, but when you do, it's spectacular, from what I've heard.

VN Store

Back