Serious recruiting violations

Riverdale Women's Basketbal!!!

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I was expecting something a little more juicy.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Riverdale High School's (Murfreesboro) girls basketball program is accused of recruiting players to come there, some from other counties. No colleges are involved.

What college was guilty of the violation?

The women's basketball coach at Riverdale is being accused of recruiting players from surrounding counties.

The TSSAA is looking into it. Nothing will come of it. The report was a complete waste of time as is this thread.

I apologize to all that open this thread, expecting something of relevance.

awww...I know of the high school, but I was expecting to hear that a college had done something improper while at the school recruiting.

I live in Murfreesboro, about 10 miles from Riverdale. This should not be a shocker to anyone. They recruited in football big time for about the past 10 years, pretty impressive to do at a public school in such a big town (there are about 5 5A high schools here). They find them young and then persuade them to join the middle schools linking to Riverdale.

The Riverdale girl's HS basketball coach was letting two girls live with her from another county and play basketball at Riverdale.

The TSSAA ruled that the Riverdale Lady Warriors Basketball Coach was recruiting middle school players. Some were zoned for Riverdale and some were not. The school imposed a self-punishment of a 2-game suspension; however, the TSSAA may hand down further punishment. An area high school turned them in.

Articles can be found at The Murfreesboro Post and The Tennessean and/or Daily News Journal from last week.

Regarding the two players that the coach brought with her from her former high school coaching job last year: One of players' parents met with the TSSAA to turn themselves in and admitted they had violated the recruiting rule. I guess TSSAA didn't see it that way!

I live in Murfreesboro, about 10 miles from Riverdale. This should not be a shocker to anyone. They recruited in football big time for about the past 10 years, pretty impressive to do at a public school in such a big town (there are about 5 5A high schools here). They find them young and then persuade them to join the middle schools linking to Riverdale.

I can remember them recruiting kids from Oakland when I played there, they would just tell them to use a family members address in their zone and get them over. It was after my time but they did the same thing with the infamous Mr Locke, they recruited him from Cookeville.

Read about it at:

DNJ.com

The Lady Warriors were fined $1,000 and put on a 2-year probation for illegal retruiting by the TSSAA.

Read about it at:

DNJ.com

The Lady Warriors were fined $1,000 and put on a 2-year probation for illegal retruiting by the TSSAA.

Now I am really worried, because not only is it easier for UF, BAMA, and LSU to recruit in their home state, but if they find out about retruiting we are all in trouble!

I go to Riverdale and what i have heard is. The coach let a girl that came with her from independence like with her for a little while. The girls mom was living in murfreesboro so i dont know what the big deal is. One girl was not getting any pt and quit the team. She is the one that told the TSSAA about this. Now the team cannot have any of the following: holliday tourneys, preseason games, limited preseason practice, etc

I go to Riverdale and what i have heard is. The coach let a girl that came with her from independence like with her for a little while. The girls mom was living in murfreesboro so i dont know what the big deal is. One girl was not getting any pt and quit the team. She is the one that told the TSSAA about this. Now the team cannot have any of the following: holliday tourneys, preseason games, limited preseason practice, etc

Another high school turned Riverdale in for the infraction.

Actually, I was told that the player who quit, quit because she had surgery on her foot and it wasn't healing properly--not because of playing time or lack thereof. TSSAA punished Riverdale for recruiting middle school kids.

Do you mean to tell me that a player was "living" with her coach? Since when did players start "living" with their coaches????

Does anyone find that "inappropriate" or am I just getting too old?

VN Store

Back