Cosby?

ROCKYTOP365

I over heard someone talk about them do you guys know anything about there football team i thought they were supposed to be a small but talented hillbilly basketball school?

Cosby is in my county.
They have great season records because their conference is absolutely AWFUL!
If they ever get by the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs it will be pure luck.

As for the basketball. Yea from around 2000-2006 they had a GREAT run, but the past few years the talent up there has dropped big time. They wont be a threat for anyone anytime soon.

I played for Cosby as a 4 year starter from 96-00. They started their football program in I believe 1990 playing a Junior Varsity schedule. My dad was actually one of the main people that got the program going and my brother was a freshman on the first team we fielded. Cosby has a long history as a basketball school and it was hard to get a lot of the athletes to even play football, I know that was the case when I was there. Lately Coach Tyler Smith (a Cosby alum that was a freshman on the '90 team I believe) has been able to get the basketball kids to play too. The record has been much better because of it. I realize this is 6 months after the fact, but this is the first time I've even checked out the highschool forum and saw my alma mater as a topic and had to reply.

The Hampton Bulldogs own Cosby and the conference in football. Some bad apples on the team tore the Hampton team apart last year after 3 straight appearances in the state semis...

The Hampton Bulldogs own Cosby and the conference in football. Some bad apples on the team tore the Hampton team apart last year after 3 straight appearances in the state semis...

My brother was on the Cosby team that beat Hampton in 94 when they were ranked like 7th in the state. We never played them when I was there because they restructured the classifications, but now they're back at it.

I played for Cosby as a 4 year starter from 96-00. They started their football program in I believe 1990 playing a Junior Varsity schedule. My dad was actually one of the main people that got the program going and my brother was a freshman on the first team we fielded. Cosby has a long history as a basketball school and it was hard to get a lot of the athletes to even play football, I know that was the case when I was there. Lately Coach Tyler Smith (a Cosby alum that was a freshman on the '90 team I believe) has been able to get the basketball kids to play too. The record has been much better because of it. I realize this is 6 months after the fact, but this is the first time I've even checked out the highschool forum and saw my alma mater as a topic and had to reply.

I believe the coach's name is Tyler Shelton.

VN Store

Back