Oakland 35 Ooltewah 0

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
To think Smyrna lost to them at Oakland in 4 overtimes this year and last time 9-3 at Oakland with a soph r/b and q/b.

Why even bring Smyrna into this post? It's not like they played in this game or anything. Hell, they don't even have Rod Wilks anymore so that school has went back to being just another garbage irrelevant team.

Ooltewah would beat Smyrna. They didn't match up well with this team and Ooltewah gift wrapped 21 of those points. Oakland is a mirror image of Ooltewah (except with a QB that doesn't make mistakes like Ooltewah's does). Great defense and great run game and great athletes. And 7 more came when the game was long over late in the 4th.

Just wasn't their day. Even the best kicker in Chattanooga missed an easy gimme for his standards. Owls were done after the first possession when they fumbled a WR screen pass. Oakland is a great team. But its all about match ups. Ooltewah would be playing for the title next week if they played Smyrna.

Their offense didn't stay on the field for more than a minute at a time (whats new with this team?). D-line eventually wore out and they got their rushing yards.

Last edited:
Oakland players said ooltewah wasn't near as good as smryna. I think I'll take thier word instead of bassmandude who has never seen smyrna play.They also said that their off line was weak.

That's funny. You weren't at the game buddy. Like I said - Ooltewah gift wrapped 21 points and their defense was on the field so long they wore down the D-line.

Their O-line isn't that good.. but have been consistent - thats true. But Oakland's D-line is one of the tops in the state. No one really runs on them. Ooltewah beat Farragut twice this year and was undefeated in their region. Smyrna probably wouldn't beat Ooltewah... they match up a lot better than they do with Oakland. It would be a tough game no doubt - but the Owls would probably have the upper hand. Like I said - its all about matchups... Oakland does what Ooltewah tries to do - except they did it better last night and didn't make the stupid mistakes to go along with it.

If they replayed and you take away the goofy mistakes Oakland probably wins by 7-0 or 10-0. Yes - it was one of those game. I knew when Ooltewah beat Farragut 31-3... that wasn't the real Farragut team. Everything just went wrong that game. And when we only beat them by 7 in the playoffs - it proved that.

Of course a bunch of high schoolers are going to say the team they beat 35-0 isn't near as good as the team they barely beat twice in the year. What do you expect them to say?

Oakland is the better team. That good enough for ya? They're an exact replica of Ooltewah - except more disciplined and can count on their QB more often.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back