Defending 5A Smyrna High School defeats Wilson Central (headed to Knoxville)

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Play at Smyrna according to the DNJ.Smyrna wins 17-7 face Bearden. Smyrna has a freshman (headhunter) middle linebacker and freshman running a back.Smyrna has a solid pass/run attack.Smyrna defeated Wilson Central (who destroyed #1 Riverdale at home last week) last night. If you can get out and watch this game, you'll see why Wilks is going to UT. He really steps up in big games, as does Gray(qb).

In the playoffs last year, Farragut beat Bearden and then they were beaten by Ootahwah 42-14. Smyrna beat Ootawah by three and went on to win the State. Please explain why you think Bearden drubbs Smyrna next week.

They're lucky to make it this far. And what does last year have to do with anything?

If you want to bring up last year you can bring up how lucky Smyrna's win against Ooltewah was.

The fact is Bearden is rolling everyone and they are the best team in the state. That's why the will lose.... not a hard concept to grasp. Bearden's defense is dominating.

They're lucky to make it this far. And what does last year have to do with anything?

If you want to bring up last year you can bring up how lucky Smyrna's win against Ooltewah was.

The fact is Bearden is rolling everyone and they are the best team in the state. That's why the will lose.... not a hard concept to grasp. Bearden's defense is dominating.

Are you a Bearden homer?

But I did get to see Bearden roll Farragut and Ooltewah... and yes - it was impressive and they made a believer out of me.

Smyrna won't score more than 10-14 points. Book it.

East Tennessee owns TN high school football right now. We could own the 5A-2A crowns this year: Bearden in 5A, defending 4A champ Maryville, defending 3A champ Fulton, and defending 2A champ Alcoa)

How could anyone? They are the only reason they are a decent team... either way Bearden's defense is just too strong imo.

East Tennessee owns TN high school football right now. We could own the 5A-2A crowns this year: Bearden in 5A, defending 4A champ Maryville, defending 3A champ Fulton, and defending 2A champ Alcoa)

ummmm, maybe you just don't know, but little bitty Hampton is UET's best chance to win a state title in years. Don't count them out to win the 1A state championship

I just don't really know what Hampton has, so I didn't mention them. Plus, South Pittsburg's always got good athletes, they're undefeated, and Grider's such a good coach, I'm not sure if Hampton's will win that one.

And Sullivan South can beat Maryville. The Rebels get up and play when they're motivated to do so. All the talk last week from Chattanooga was of 12-0 Red Bank coming into MHS and ending the streak. That really got Maryville focused. I think there will be some talk of Phillips and how good he is, but Sullivan South is not undefeated and the pre-game talk of an upset will not be looming. Therefore I think Maryville could overlook this one and get beat.

I just don't really know what Hampton has, so I didn't mention them. Plus, South Pittsburg's always got good athletes, they're undefeated, and Grider's such a good coach, I'm not sure if Hampton's will win that one.

And Sullivan South can beat Maryville. The Rebels get up and play when they're motivated to do so. All the talk last week from Chattanooga was of 12-0 Red Bank coming into MHS and ending the streak. That really got Maryville focused. I think there will be some talk of Phillips and how good he is, but Sullivan South is not undefeated and the pre-game talk of an upset will not be looming. Therefore I think Maryville could overlook this one and get beat.

i've seen maryville twice and South three times now. I don't see South winning that game at all.

As for Hampton, they have good coaches, now that Lunsford has come down the mountain from Cloudland to help coach his son, he's brought the great offensive schemes Cloudland used to have. And Hampton's D is just smothering. This is their chance. If they don't win this year, they never will.

If shutting down a future Big Ten player doesn't motivate Maryville, I'll be shocked. It will be fun to witness history if South wins though (as in, I should be in attendance).

How is smyrna lucky to make it this far? I've been to all three of their playoff games and luck had nothing to do with either win.

I didn't say anything about who might win friday nights game, but I would like for you to explain your idiotic statement that smyrna is lucky to be there.

Idiotic? Nice flaming buddy.

They're not exactly blowing away inferior competition when they have two huge prospect on their team....

You're obviously a little smyrna homer who is offended by reality. So stop kidding yourself and stop flaming.

Would you like a tissue? :cray:

With the way this thread has gone, am I the only one that hopes Smyrna wins even though I have no dog in this race?

Hey man I coached just about half of Smyrna's team in the midstate league I think I know more about them then you do and belive me win or lose friday they deserve to be there.They may not be as good as Bearden but they are the best the midstate has to offer.

VN Store

Back