Jason Witten

Volsfan895

Formerly Bobby Light
He was at my High School game supporting the team Sullivan South was playing (Elizibethtin) I know that was misspelled. then we won 58-14.:eek:lol:

actually you won 64-14... 64 unanswered points. Recall that Witten is a Betsy alum and his brother, who played at VT, is now the head coach.

in related news, I must admit that Kurt Phillips is pretty gosh darn good. Wisconsin may have something in him.

He played fullback and linebacker at Elizabethton. His grandfather or father one was a famous coach there.

actually you won 64-14... 64 unanswered points. Recall that Witten is a Betsy alum and his brother, who played at VT, is now the head coach.

in related news, I must admit that Kurt Phillips is pretty gosh darn good. Wisconsin may have something in him.

no, they called the last INT back for holding

He played fullback and linebacker at Elizabethton. His grandfather or father one was a famous coach there.

grandfather.. Mr. Ryder. And Mr. Ryder is a very good man, someone I hold a great deal of respect for.

grandfather.. Mr. Ryder. And Mr. Ryder is a very good man, someone I hold a great deal of respect for.

Yeah, he really lead some great teams up there, playing up a level at the time in 4A. I remember watching tape, as my HS team prepared for a game with Maryville, of a MHS vs EHS game. Witten ran over two linebackers for Maryville all night, one who made all-state that year and a soph who went on to make all-state for his jr and sr years. He was even better at LB though. I remember all the talk was how he was going to be a great DE, but instead he's a great TE. More importantly he seems like a classy guy and is certainly a great rep for UT.

Yeah, he really lead some great teams up there, playing up a level at the time in 4A. I remember watching tape, as my HS team prepared for a game with Maryville, of a MHS vs EHS game. Witten ran over two linebackers for Maryville all night, one who made all-state that year and a soph who went on to make all-state for his jr and sr years. He was even better at LB though. I remember all the talk was how he was going to be a great DE, but instead he's a great TE. More importantly he seems like a classy guy and is certainly a great rep for UT.

he is an all around good guy. Felt bad for him tonight because he could not get away from fans. once he made onto the bleacher steps, he basically sprinted up them so he could get into the press box so as not to be bothered. He probably spent 15 minutes on Betsy's side alone signing and greeting people before he could get away, then probably another 15 minutes before he was able to get into Betsy's locker room. My HS was in his conference and he always lit up up. One thing Fulmer got right was realizing how good Witten's hands were and made the right move to get him at TE. He also played some TE in HS, but I never expected to see him there in college or especially in the pros as a Pro Bowler.

My suite mate in North Carrick my freshman year went on to be Witten's HS line coach.

Phillips is good. He never did beat D-B, though. Neither did Jason Witten.

Phillips is good. He never did beat D-B, though. Neither did Jason Witten.

how often did South and DB play? DB would only schedule if they played at the beginning of the season, and I know South refused to do it this year, dunno about previous years.

how often did South and DB play? DB would only schedule if they played at the beginning of the season, and I know South refused to do it this year, dunno about previous years.

This is the first year in quite awhile that they haven't played. I think the animosity between the schools was getting a bit too intense.

ok. Like i say, I know South would only play later in the season, and DB would only take on South as the first game. I think South could've taken them this year.. This was my first time seeing South, but i've seen DB twice so far.

Btw, I'm still trying to find a Musket Bowl score... anyone know how my Trailblazers came out? According to a guy from AM 910, it was a magnificent 5-0 game at one point in favor of Daniel Boone.

ok. Like i say, I know South would only play later in the season, and DB would only take on South as the first game. I think South could've taken them this year.. This was my first time seeing South, but i've seen DB twice so far.

Btw, I'm still trying to find a Musket Bowl score... anyone know how my Trailblazers came out? According to a guy from AM 910, it was a magnificent 5-0 game at one point in favor of Daniel Boone.

D-B didn't seem so hot at the beginning of the year. But looking back, the Tribe lost by one score to some really good teams. Those losses also came before our new running back emerged. His name is Chris Sensabaugh, brother of Jacksonville Jaguar Gerald Sensabaugh. Maybe Chris will get the UT scholarship that should have been offered to his older brother.

D-B didn't seem so hot at the beginning of the year. But looking back, the Tribe lost by one score to some really good teams. Those losses also came before our new running back emerged. His name is Chris Sensabaugh, brother of Jacksonville Jaguar Gerald Sensabaugh. Maybe Chris will get the UT scholarship that should have been offered to his older brother.

Sensabaugh is good. will be really good. But it would've been a shootout with South this year, and DB's offense just isn't quite good enough IMO.

Edit: is Gerald out for the year, or just week to week or what? i just know he's injured and I'm too lazy to go look it up if you already know.

Sensabaugh is good. will be really good. But it would've been a shootout with South this year, and DB's offense just isn't quite good enough IMO.

Edit: is Gerald out for the year, or just week to week or what? i just know he's injured and I'm too lazy to go look it up if you already know.

Did you go to the South game tonight?....I was in the student section

From what I've heard he is done for the year.

Did you go to the South game tonight?....I was in the student section

Yeah... canned on seeing my HS's biggest game in favor of seeing a D1 prospect. sat on elizabethton's side. A good friend of mine is a youth pastor in Elizabethton and he goes to the games because a lot of his kids are always there. Hence how I knew so much about the Witten situation at the game. Other than parking and walking over, never even approached South's side.

on a totally unrelated note, I thought all the flags were finally done away with? I'm not against them per say, but I thought I read that somewhere and found out otherwise tonight.

Yeah... canned on seeing my HS's biggest game in favor of seeing a D1 prospect. sat on elizabethton's side. A good friend of mine is a youth pastor in Elizabethton and he goes to the games because a lot of his kids are always there. Hence how I knew so much about the Witten situation at the game. Other than parking and walking over, never even approached South's side.

on a totally unrelated note, I thought all the flags were finally done away with? I'm not against them per say, but I thought I read that somewhere and found out otherwise tonight.

I never heard anything about getting rid of the flags...anyway on a non related note, is Science Hill better than DB this year?...b/c you know we beat them. I really wish DB was on our schedule this yr. :banghead2:

Anybody from Elizabethton ever met Johnny Mills. I've always wanted to meet the guy but have never gotten around to it. Seems like a great guy. My grandfather lives in Elizabethton and knows him, but everytime I make it over there I'm always too busy. I think he owns some kind of business in Elizabethton if I'm not mistaken

VN Store

Back