The "Name Your Team" Thread

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
To get the forum off and running, I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to post what high school or team(s) they follow or where everyone graduated from.

I, myself, graduated from DeKalb County in '05. Not the greatest football team of recent years, I know, but hopefully they'll get the ball rolling on the right track again this fall.

Virginia High Bearcats. Class of last year.

Virginia High, getting the piss beat out of by Tennessee High for 50+ years.

Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe High School 06

They were really good every year until the last two, got a new coach and he was pretty good at his other school so we will see. Tauren Poole plays us the third game of the season. That's probably the only game I will go to unless I can get off work every friday night.

still go there? or graduated already? i know about a bajillion Heritage folks, but most graduated around the 98-2003 time frame.

Graduated in 2000.

We both know a girl that graduated Catholic '01 as well (I PM'ed you about it).

Warren County '01. :no:

I wasn't on the football team, I was in the band. :)
Still had to watch them lose every game, and badly.

Ooltewah High School Class of '08.

Not a player myself (too small to ever play football), but I went to every game last year (State semifinals loss), and 6 straight years of home games.

Dyersburg High School (Dyersburg, TN) class of 1997

My high school years, our football team had a combined record of 9 - 31 (4-6, 1-9, 3-7, 1-9).
My freshman year at UT, they went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the state semis to Big John Henderson and Pearl-Cohn. Talk about bad timing.

I follow Plano West near Dallas. (5-A) There is a kid here that I know that lives in my neighborhood named Jackson Jeffcoat. His dad is Jeff Jeffcoat. Perhaps you don't remember him when he played for the Cowboys. Anyways Jackson is a freak. He's been able to dunk since he was 13 and he is about 6'4" right now and he starts at defensive end for West. He started as a freshman last year which is extremely rare at a school as big or football obsessed as mine. He'll get D-1 offers guaranteed to play either basketball or football and he likes UT. He's only going to be a sophmore this year, but next year watch out.

VN Store

Back