1995 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 12-09-2017, 02:21 AM   #1
14VolFan88

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.

Where did you play. What position?

I was a QB under the great Vic King at Kingston. King was one of the great under rated coaches ever. Won over 75% of the games he coached and always over achieved. For a while Kingston was a 2A enrollment school playing in 3A Region 2. Catholic, Fulton, AE, Anderson, Scott, Livingston, and Stone Memorial. That region was a constant blood bath.

I'd love to hear from some Maryville guys about what it was like under Quarles. What it's like to play at Farragut or Webb.

We used to scrimage every year at Webb. Usually it was Webb, Wartburg, Kingston, and Seymour. I still hate Webb because they stole coach Collier from us. It was a surreal moment watching him break the news to us. Players crying, he was crying. Crazy.

What's your best East Tennessee High School football story?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 03:01 AM   #2
LeBleu

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Played dt at Clinton, after spring practice coach Gaylor joined the Maryville staff. We went down hill from there. lol One time I had to do a stunt were I just pulled and ran to the outside of the end and he went inside and I popped the guy with the ball, and caused a fumble. I reached down to get it, but someone bumped into me and as I went down to pick it up and run ( which I was 20 yards away from their endzone with no one around. ) I ended up kicking the ball. lol It did manage to hit one of our linebackers right between the ground and his pads. haha
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 03:14 AM   #3
14VolFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBleu View Post
Played dt at Clinton, after spring practice coach Gaylor joined the Maryville staff. We went down hill from there. lol One time I had to do a stunt were I just pulled and ran to the outside of the end and he went inside and I popped the guy with the ball, and caused a fumble. I reached down to get it, but someone bumped into me and as I went down to pick it up and run ( which I was 20 yards away from their endzone with no one around. ) I ended up kicking the ball. lol It did manage to hit one of our linebackers right between the ground and his pads. haha
I always thought Clinton had guys get recruited away from them. They always had a great middle school team, then you would play the freshman team the next year they weren't so good. A curious case.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 AM   #4
ACvol3

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBleu View Post
AC right here.. WR/TE, OLB/DE.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 04:57 AM   #5
carolinaviking

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Didn't play, but attended every football game at Greeneville High School. We just won the state championship last week!! Go Greene Devils!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 05:41 AM   #6
14VolFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACvol3 View Post
AC right here.. WR/TE, OLB/DE.
AC was a sour spot for the senior class my sophomore year. AC beat our seniors in the middle school championship, then beat that class in division play to give us our first loss in OT. 3A Region 2 was the best region in the state by far, and Kinston and AC games prove it. My junior year we went to 3 ot's. Just huge battles. Shout out to all AC Fballers. Much respect.

Last edited by 14VolFan88; 12-09-2017 at 05:49 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #7
illinoisvolfan1

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
East Ridge High School. Football 1971-73. DE. 170 lbs soaking wet.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-15-2017, 11:56 PM   #8
orangebloodgmc

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaviking View Post
Didn't play, but attended every football game at Greeneville High School. We just won the state championship last week!! Go Greene Devils!
Go ahead on, my Devil brotha!

Beer, beer for Ole Greeneville High (even if maybe we did borrow it from Notre Dame)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #9
EastTN28

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebloodgmc View Post
Go ahead on, my Devil brotha!

Beer, beer for Ole Greeneville High (even if maybe we did borrow it from Notre Dame)
Another Devil here from GHS although didn't play either.

Our fan base is pretty legit. Before our class year got there, there was virtually no tailgating and now it's good to see the tradition and excitement continues.

Coach Ballard has done a tremendous job. It is not that we are some talent-rich area, it is just so intense and requires total dedication. That is why we were always pretty mediocre until he got there and changed the culture. I had him as a teacher but believe he was just an assistant at the time.

In my day, our rivals were mostly Morristown West, Elizabethton (Betsy) and I suppose Dobbins-Bennett (DB), although they usually beat us.

I don't remember when the cowbells got popular. I don't see to recall them much in the early 2000s/late 1990s, but could be wrong. Anyone with any insight?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #10
Tenn-A-Key VoLFan

Played RB at Oak Ridge from 82-85 for Bill Young
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #11
CRASH63

East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories. East Tennessee High School football memories and stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenn-A-Key VoLFan View Post
Played RB at Oak Ridge from 82-85 for Bill Young
I played for Coach Young at OR, too. 84-86 (graduated in 87)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #12
jps2194
Vol for Life

I played 81-85 at Meigs County High School. WR / DB. My senior year I was WR / DB, punter, kick returner and punt returner. I sure wish I was in shape like I was back then ;-)