2604 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Maryville vs Catholic last night. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 08-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
 Freak 
VolNation's Grand Poobah

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Maryville vs Catholic last night

Anyone catch this game?

I wish I could have seen it. Sounds like it was a real shootout. Maryville held on 49-42. But wow.

Even Cade Mays scored a touchdown.

And Butch was there.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
ACvol3

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Ive been looking for video of it all day
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #3
 Freak 
VolNation's Grand Poobah

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
You've probably seen these, but there are a few clips from the Daily Times sports editor.

https://twitter.com/ABornheim
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #4
 Freak 
VolNation's Grand Poobah

Who are his nephews?

Twitter link
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #5
ACvol3

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Maryville is still maryville
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #6
FortMyersVol

Randall Cobbs In-Laws are my next door neighbor. Good people and I have seen him here a couple times. If his nephews are as solid as he is then they must be good people as well as good football players.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
SamRebel35

I was at the game. Talked to butch through the chain linked fence on my way in. Told him his shoes were cool. Lol. Great atmosphere. Catholic has weapons for sure. Obviously Mays was an imposing figure. But big #55 was probably just as good. Their freshman running back will be special if he continues getting bigger, faster, and stronger. #1 and #8 receivers for Catholic were impressive too. Tall, fast, and good hands.

Great debut for Derek Hunt as HC for Maryville. He reminds me so much of Quarles on the sideline. Body language, attitude, the way he commands huddles on the sideline, etc. Dylan Hopkins and Catholic's QB #10 were both very good. Mobile with accuracy throwing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
 Freak 
VolNation's Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRebel35 View Post
I was at the game. Talked to butch through the chain linked fence on my way in. Told him his shoes were cool. Lol. Great atmosphere. Catholic has weapons for sure. Obviously Mays was an imposing figure. But big #55 was probably just as good. Their freshman running back will be special if he continues getting bigger, faster, and stronger. #1 and #8 receivers for Catholic were impressive too. Tall, fast, and good hands.

Great debut for Derek Hunt as HC for Maryville. He reminds me so much of Quarles on the sideline. Body language, attitude, the way he commands huddles on the sideline, etc. Dylan Hopkins and Catholic's QB #10 were both very good. Mobile with accuracy throwing.
Thanks for the info Sam. I bet the atmosphere was electric.

So obviously you think Catholic's offense is that good, not Maryville's defense is suspect?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 08:34 PM   #9
SamRebel35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Thanks for the info Sam. I be the atmosphere was electric.

So obviously you think Catholic's offense is that good, not Maryville's defense is suspect?
Mostly Catholic's offense was that good. They will put up points on everybody. But I did see some mistakes on Maryvill's part. Took bad angles several times. Saw a few missed tackles. Blown coverage a couple of times.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #10
maxvolfan

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Quote:
Who are his nephews?

Twitter link
Isaiah Cobb is one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #11
ACvol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRebel35 View Post
Mostly Catholic's offense was that good. They will put up points on everybody. But I did see some mistakes on Maryvill's part. Took bad angles several times. Saw a few missed tackles. Blown coverage a couple of times.
Before the game, catholics coach seemed really confident in their run game. He said he could basically score at will last year with amarie(sp?) and co.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #12
RollerVol

Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night Maryville vs Catholic last night
I can see a reincarnation of "the Fridge" at the goal line...

GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #13
BlountVols

Quote:
Who are his nephews?

Twitter link
Tee Hodge and Isaiah Cobb is Number 2 in the picture
Reply With Quote TOP