2017 Season starts this Friday

drvenner

Home Sweet Home
I am very excited about it. I am a Fulton alumnus, so I follow them. We also have some local kids at Farragut and Catholic who will be wearing Tennessee orange after this year. I think that I am most interested to see how Maryville fares without Coach Quarles. They have a brutal schedule to start the year playing Catholic, at Oakland, at Alcoa and Fulton in 4 out of their first five games. I am very ready for some football.

It's always Middle and/or East Tennessee football with you guys on this board. Are there no West TN hsfb followers out there? Lol

Anyone have scores from last nights games. I know my alma mater lost to Science Hill. The HillToppers are always tough.

Anyone have scores from last nights games. I know my alma mater lost to Science Hill. The HillToppers are always tough.

Yeah, they are tough. That's a great game for Elizabethon, however. They may only lose one more all year.

Yeah, they are tough. That's a great game for Elizabethon, however. They may only lose one more all year.

Probably Greeneville! When I was at EHS, it was the Big 7 Conference: Elizabethton, Kingsport (Dobyns -Bennett), Morristown, Bristol (Teneesee High), Erwin (Unicoi County) Johnson City (Science Hill), and Greeneville. Spurrier was QB at JC when I was a freshman and Johnny Mills was our QB at EHS.

What a game Friday night between Marion Co. & Sequatchie Co. in Dunlap.

Marion Co. went to the 2016 2A State Championship last season while Sequatchie lost to Alcoa in the 3A Semifinal game.

Sequatchie Co. only returned three starters off that team.

Sequatchie trailed early in the 1st quarter 21-7. Marion Co. lead 28-21 at the half.

Marion Co. only scored 6 points (3rd Qrt.) in the 2nd half. Sequatchie scored 13 in the 4th. The final TD came when Sequatchie scored a 5 yard run with .43 seconds left in regulation the PAT would give Sequatchie a 35-34 win however Marion Co. blocks it. Sequatchie then squib kicks the ball and recovers. They throw into the endzone once but can't connect a false start penalty puts them out of range so they take a knee to send it to OT.

In OT Marion scores on two plays to go up 41-35. Sequatchie then comes right back scores on three plays and its 41-40. Sequatchie calls timeout and decides to go for two.

The Sequatchie QB fakes to the FB (who scored 5 TDs on the night) rolls right and hits the receiver in the right back corner of the endzone for the 42-41 Overtime Win.

The Sequatchie Senior QB Ethan Barker rushed for 182 yards on 20 carries and 1TD, while passing for 5 of 13 and 59 yards. Sequatchie's Junior FB Brett Hicks in his 2nd game at the position rushed for 126 on 19 carries and 5 Touchdowns.

Marion Co. Senior RB Jacob Saylors had 158 yards rushing on 12 carries and 2tds most of that in the 1st half.

What a game Friday night between Marion Co. & Sequatchie Co. in Dunlap.

Marion Co. went to the 2016 2A State Championship last season while Sequatchie lost to Alcoa in the 3A Semifinal game.

Sequatchie Co. only returned three starters off that team.

Sequatchie trailed early in the 1st quarter 21-7. Marion Co. lead 28-21 at the half.

Marion Co. only scored 6 points (3rd Qrt.) in the 2nd half. Sequatchie scored 13 in the 4th. The final TD came when Sequatchie scored a 5 yard run with .43 seconds left in regulation the PAT would give Sequatchie a 35-34 win however Marion Co. blocks it. Sequatchie then squib kicks the ball and recovers. They throw into the endzone once but can't connect a false start penalty puts them out of range so they take a knee to send it to OT.

In OT Marion scores on two plays to go up 41-35. Sequatchie then comes right back scores on three plays and its 41-40. Sequatchie calls timeout and decides to go for two.

The Sequatchie QB fakes to the FB (who scored 5 TDs on the night) rolls right and hits the receiver in the right back corner of the endzone for the 42-41 Overtime Win.

The Sequatchie Senior QB Ethan Barker rushed for 182 yards on 20 carries and 1TD, while passing for 5 of 13 and 59 yards. Sequatchie's Junior FB Brett Hicks in his 2nd game at the position rushed for 126 on 19 carries and 5 Touchdowns.

Marion Co. Senior RB Jacob Saylors had 158 yards rushing on 12 carries and 2tds most of that in the 1st half.

Thanks for the summary. It sounds like it was a great game.

VN Store

Back