My son committed....

'Boro-vol

I HATE KENTUCKY...a lot.
Didn't know where else to post this, and it may never be seen, but a proud dad just wants to announce my son has committed to play college football for the Maryville College Scots! He committed as a QB for the 2017 class. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Reactions: 65 people
Didn't know where else to post this, and it may never be seen, but a proud dad just wants to announce my son has committed to play college football for the Maryville College Scots! He committed as a QB for the 2017 class. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

congratulations...:rock::good!::thumbsup::salute:

GO VOLS AND GO SCOTS!...:)

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah...I'm not sure who I was more concerned for him or myself, without the direction that football has given us for the last 10 years. It has always been what kept him focused on the important things in his life, and helped him prioritize his efforts. He's truly a kid that has gotten all of the good out of football. So excited that he'll get to try his hand at the next level, and at such a fantastic academic institution.

Saturday's are going to be conflicted for the next few seasons.

Reactions: 6 people
Congrats to your son and family!! That's totally awesome!!

With no intent to hi-jack the thread (maybe the mods can change the title and make it a permanent thread somewhere for this type of info), but I have a commitment to announce too.

My daughter has committed to play golf at Austin Peay State University!! She'll be part of the 2018 Freshman Class. We're super proud and can't wait to be a Governor Family!!

Reactions: 19 people
Congrats to your son and family!! That's totally awesome!!

With no intent to hi-jack the thread (maybe the mods can change the title and make it a permanent thread somewhere for this type of info), but I have a commitment to announce too.

My daughter has committed to play golf at Austin Peay State University!! She'll be part of the 2018 Freshman Class. We're super proud and can't wait to be a Governor Family!!

That's terrific news....All the best for her as a Lady Governor!

Reactions: 1 person

We haven't necessarily been the best of buds on VN, but I wish your son luck. Maryville is a one-of-a-kind community and the university there is fantastic. Congrats.

Reactions: 3 people
We haven't necessarily been the best of buds on VN, but I wish your son luck. Maryville is a one-of-a-kind community and the university there is fantastic. Congrats.

I don't know you or even remember our interactions. Apparently you do. Regardless, thanks for the well-wishes! We're super excited and proud to be part of the Scot family!

Congratulations B.V.! my son just turned 18 months. I'm going to be an old man before mine gets to college.
I will be just as proud hopefully.

We have 2 members here announcing Scholarships. Outstanding!! Congratulations!! How proud you both must be. I wish both Freshman to-be a long and healthy career.

That's awesome news! Every dad's dream imo.

Great news! Living his dream and continuing his education. :clapping:

That's awesome! I have a football crazy 5 year old boy so I'm already dreaming about this. What a cool thing for your family. Lots of fun Saturdays ahead! Enjoy it! (sidenote: 2 of the best high school coaches in our state played for MC recently)

You sound like a great dad. As a father of 2 sons, I know how important the "triple-A's" are: affirmation, acknowledgement and acceptance. Way to go.

Hug him real good and don't forget to catch a few passes when you can.

Congrats!

So glad to hear my man....sure it makes you be like...

giphy.gif

I live in Maryville and the Maryville College campus is beautiful, it's a great academic school and the area the campus is located is very nice. You'll love football Saturday's in Maryville, congrats to your son and your entire family.

You sound like a great dad. As a father of 2 sons, I know how important the "triple-A's" are: affirmation, acknowledgement and acceptance. Way to go.

Hug him real good and don't forget to catch a few passes when you can.

Thanks, I never miss a chance to do either.

Senior year has been rough on old dad....I see that window of opportunity beginning to close. After every game we took a picture together, win or lose. I'll cherish them always. All the days, dating back to 5th grade, sitting in the rain or the heat at practice, rushing to games, getting him to private QB coaching, field clean up days, concession stand duty, late nights at away games.....I wouldn't give any of it back.

It was all worthwhile....even more so with this opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people
That's awesome! I have a football crazy 5 year old boy so I'm already dreaming about this. What a cool thing for your family. Lots of fun Saturdays ahead! Enjoy it! (sidenote: 2 of the best high school coaches in our state played for MC recently)

Don't blink....it'll be over before you know it, especially once he starts playing.

Yeah...I'm not sure who I was more concerned for him or myself, without the direction that football has given us for the last 10 years. It has always been what kept him focused on the important things in his life, and helped him prioritize his efforts. He's truly a kid that has gotten all of the good out of football. So excited that he'll get to try his hand at the next level, and at such a fantastic academic institution.

Saturday's are going to be conflicted for the next few seasons.

Maryville College may not be the biggest stage for college football, but the academics there are top of the line. Some are more impressed with a Maryville college diploma than one from Vanderbilt. Beautiful campus too. Hope he enjoys it, a great place to get an education.

VN Store

Back