George Quarles

Awesome to see. I was wondering if he would ever find the desire to take the next challenge. For all those people who wanted him on UTs staff a few years ago. Had this next progression been on his resume with success then Fulmer could have taken the gamble. Also this will be good for local highschool football. Soon everyone won't be playing for second place in East Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome to see. I was wondering if he would ever find the desire to take the next challenge. For all those people who wanted him on UTs staff a few years ago. Had this next progression been on his resume with success then Fulmer could have taken the gamble. Also this will be good for local highschool football. Soon everyone won't be playing for second place in East Tennessee.

Don't count those chicken before the eggs hatch.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps you are putting too much emphasis on the coach that leads the team instead of the community that surrounds it.

Possibly. But will kids travel from other communities to enroll to play there now that George is leaving? I would say those kids that move to play for a football power will find another school.

Alcoa just became a juggernaught because of this.

Perhaps you are putting too much emphasis on the coach that leads the team instead of the community that surrounds it.

Dude, he was paid to teach and coach football. He was a deacon in his church and a pillar of the community. Your post makes zero sense. Babbling drivel...

Reactions: 6 people
Good riddance?? George is one of the finest, most upstanding, men I've ever known. He's a great coach, teacher, and leader of young men AND women. Good riddance?? Are you nuts???

You completely missed the point, 6A teams gotta be sick of losing to CGQ. Think he has the potential to be The next Malzahn. :yes:

Reactions: 3 people
Apparently the guy that was just hired at Furman is G's best friend. He's been offered this same job before but just now feels like the timing is right.
Disappointed my kids won't have the chance to play for him, but I wish him well.

You completely missed the point, 6A teams gotta be sick of losing to CGQ. Think he has the potential to be The next Malzahn. :yes:

If that was your point, imho, you misstated it. "..and good riddance." has nothing but bad connotations and ill wishes. I agree with you he deserves any and all success and the very best of luck

Rumors locally say this is going to get a lot more interesting really soon. TSSAA is coming!

Last edited:
About time. He should have moved on years ago. Some folks did some things to "supplement" his income, which kept him around. I doubt his wife will have a cushy bank job.

Best paid driver's ed. teacher in the state. I'm sure he's just fan, but I never liked the guy.

About time. He should have moved on years ago. Some folks did some things to "supplement" his income, which kept him around. I doubt his wife will have a cushy bank job.

Best paid driver's ed. teacher in the state. I'm sure he's just fan, but I never liked the guy.

What a mean-spirited post. I'm sure you did not know the man and, frankly, I don't think I would want to be around anyone you did like. Jeesh....

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back