Franklin County hires Mac McCurry

Mr_Henley

Will announce tomorrow at 2:00.

Crazy good overall record 190-58 (162-38 reg, 28-20 post season) however, he's as close to Kiffin / Orgeron "wild boys" era as it gets for High School Football. Multiple firings for DUI, vandalism, too "social" with managers, etc.

Here's to someone actually using the forward pass and bringing FC football into the new milllenium.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
dang, this Mac McCurry sounds like a throwback to yesteryear Lone Ranger...must be descent coach I guess to get away with all that was listed...hey Mr. H...you a cousin...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

Crazy good overall record 190-58 (162-38 reg, 28-20 post season) however, he's as close to Kiffin / Orgeron "wild boys" era as it gets for High School Football. Multiple firings for DUI, vandalism, too "social" with managers, etc.

Here's to someone actually using the forward pass and bringing FC football into the new milllenium.

Hope the managers were females. :eek:hmy:

A fellow Winchesteran, huh? What year did you graduate from FCHS?

well, Mr. Henley, I take it that you've never made any mistakes. I guess, that if someone dug deep enough, that they just might just find some skeletons in your closet. Because I HEARD that there was some HENLEYS that wasn't quite as pure as they let on to be. Hmmmmmm!

well, Mr. Henley, I take it that you've never made any mistakes. I guess, that if someone dug deep enough, that they just might just find some skeletons in your closet. Because I HEARD that there was some HENLEYS that wasn't quite as pure as they let on to be. Hmmmmmm!

I posted facts. He's been fired for and spoken to these things himself. These skeletons aren't in his closest, they are published as public information. No judgement or assumptions from me. Get over yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Mistakes are forgivable. What McCurry's assistants pulled was just plain stupid, and is a matter of public record. He is damn lucky to get another chance. FCHS best keep a close eye on him AND his assistants, because you can be assured every media outlet in the state will too.

We had Coach Mac on our Saturday morning show and he was great. Took on (and asked for) any and all questions, and was great. He also had a turnout twice of what I expected for his community Q/A + Meet and greet. Packed the auditorium.

FC Hires former University of the South head coach Tommy Laurendine as defensive coordinator.

I like the hire, although it's worth noting every major position he's held has been on the offensive side of the ball.

Tommy Laurendine

1988–1989 Lenoir–Rhyne
Position(s) Quarterback

1990–1991 Lenoir–Rhyne (assistant)
1991–1994 West Georgia (GA)
1994–1995 Northwest Whitfield HS (OC)
1995–1997 Washington and Lee (OC)
1997–2000 West Alabama (OC)
2001–2006 Southern Arkansas (OC)
2007 Washington and Lee (OC)
2008–2009 Lenoir–Rhyne (OC)
2010 The Citadel (OC)