TSSAA should be over the games not school academics

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
I am a bit concerned that certain schools have had problems occur with academics in school amounting to forfeits, etc. and TSSAA has the final say so. The Department of Education should make the final call.

I am a bit concerned that certain schools have had problems occur with academics in school amounting to forfeits, etc. and TSSAA has the final say so. The Department of Education should make the final call.

I feel that the fault is on the city or county school boards of the schools concerned, and their faculties. As to your beef with the TSSAA, the academic criteria has a set standard. If a school doesn't meet the benchmark, the sanction against the sports teams come down.Your friends at the department of education set those standards. To ask them to make a final call suggests hoping for leniency, exceptions and favoritism. And in the end, it's the kids they are charged with educating that lose out when you do that.

Asking the academic overseer to hand out sports penalties is as inappropriate as asking the sports administrators to choose the new textbooks. So, I feel your complaint is much ado about nothing.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back