Independence should have lost. Outplayed/out coached.

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
The teams okay and all but Smyrna about doubled or tripled their offensive production early in the season when we were healthy then we had numerous turnovers . I kind of thought they would go down sooner or later.

Incredible game by Farragut. Nearly turned it off at halftime. Awesome accomplishment for the Farragut football program. Hard to believe it is their first championship.

Reactions: 3 people
Incredible game by Farragut. Nearly turned it off at halftime. Awesome accomplishment for the Farragut football program. Hard to believe it is their first championship.

They have had good teams and players over the years, but there was always somebody just a little bit better in their way. I would have liked being in their locker room during the half. Whatever Courtney said in there would make one heck of a scene for a movie. Probably the best comeback game in HS I have ever seen. They didn't quit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
They have had good teams and players over the years, but there was always somebody just a little bit better in their way. I would have liked being in their locker room during the half. Whatever Coatney said in there would make one heck of a scene for a movie. Probably the best comeback game in HS I have ever seen. They didn't quit.
It's Courtney

Looking at this game made me think of Bama team (Farragut). Their size against Indie look like men against boys. ( I understand, Indie had many underclassmen on field) Granted they started slow (think had to adjust to speed), but as really good teams that are well coached do, they settled in. Had enough speed and size to just take over under great half time coaching adjustments. Wish a college team I love could say the same about game time coaching. As to size, that same college team needs S&C coach that kicks their collective buts all the time until they hate his guts and start to look like real men.

Looking at this game made me think of Bama team (Farragut). Their size against Indie look like men against boys. ( I understand, Indie had many underclassmen on field) Granted they started slow (think had to adjust to speed), but as really good teams that are well coached do, they settled in. Had enough speed and size to just take over under great half time coaching adjustments. Wish a college team I love could say the same about game time coaching. As to size, that same college team needs S&C coach that kicks their collective buts all the time until they hate his guts and start to look like real men.

For some reason, when I watched the game, I thought of the Dallas Cowboys. :)

They have had good teams and players over the years, but there was always somebody just a little bit better in their way. I would have liked being in their locker room during the half. Whatever Courtney said in there would make one heck of a scene for a movie. Probably the best comeback game in HS I have ever seen. They didn't quit.

Farragut's season is a movie script. They lost 10 starters from last year's team, including their qb. Their coach survived cancer just a couple years ago. They were not expected to do much this year. They looked beat against Ooltewah, down 42-14 in the third before rallying to win in double OT. Then another comeback in the state final.

Friday Night Lights 2

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back