Heritage High School's Colton Wright leading Alcoa in 3A over Liberty

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
LOL. Played at Heritage last year. My oh my. These rules or what rules.

The story is his family moved to Alcoa. There are 3 school systems in Blount County: Blount County (Heritage and William Blount), Aloca, and Maryville. If your family moves from one school system to another, per TSSAA rules, you don't have to sit out.

Usually the good players in the county go to Alcoa or Maryville when they start high school (via moving there or supposedly paying tuition, as you can do in those systems), so suffice to say the Heritage coaches were a bit surprised, but hardly stunned.

open enrollment, Rankin always *****ed about recruiting now he benefits from this

Good lord, cry a little. Several players transferred out of Alcoa to William Blount because they didn't like Rankin.

LOL. Played at Heritage last year. My oh my. These rules or what rules.

You should look at Lausanne winning state title. They have a "off campus satellite" school. Kids that once went to Melrose now go to a campus not even close to Lausanne yet they can play football for them. Ridiculous

You should look at Lausanne winning state title. They have a "off campus satellite" school. Kids that once went to Melrose now go to a campus not even close to Lausanne yet they can play football for them. Ridiculous

Well . . . Lausanne is a private school playing in the private school league. Alcoa is a "public" school playing in the public school league. If you don't understand the difference between privates/publics, you should maybe look it up before you start whining on a message board. :)

Good lord, cry a little. Several players transferred out of Alcoa to William Blount because they didn't like Rankin.

Now I know why Alcoa's record in basketball isnt too good this season(14-10 I believe). They did kill Maryville the other night though by 20+ points.

VN Store

Back