Maryville had their chances, but turnovers did them in. Good game.

Maryville is a really good team. But Oakland beats them 9 out of 10 times. Oakland was that much better. They will win state handily if you ask me.

Oakland was very impressive. Maryville is a very good football team.

But, had Oakland's coaching staff matched their players' performance, they would have won with the mercy rule in effect. Oakland coaches had some serious lapses in judgement in the first half that stopped one opportunity to score (on downs), which in turn allowed Maryville to score against a very very poor "prevent" defense (on the last play of the 1st half).

I'll be shocked if the 6A championship game doesn't include a running clock. Oakland is 'that' good.

Oakland was very impressive. Maryville is a very good football team.

But, had Oakland's coaching staff matched their players' performance, they would have won with the mercy rule in effect. Oakland coaches had some serious lapses in judgement in the first half that stopped one opportunity to score (on downs), which in turn allowed Maryville to score against a very very poor "prevent" defense (on the last play of the 1st half).

I'll be shocked if the 6A championship game doesn't include a running clock. Oakland is 'that' good.

Running clock against Whitehaven? Come on, man!

I have watched Maryville Football for over 40 years. Oakland had the best defense I ever seen a Maryville team go against. Maryville's offense averaged over 40 points a game. Scored 43 on a Alcoa team that will more than likely win the 3A Title. Oaklands defense shut Maryville down. I saw where Oakland has only given up 60 points all year long. WOW.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back