May pull for Maryville over Oakland even tho in Smyrna district

I don't watch much High School ball but I did catch the Oakland v. Maryville game on television. Oakland was clearly the stronger team on both sides of the ball but especially on defense. Maryville simply could not generate much offense and the Oakland defense was constantly and consistently in the backfield. Maybe Maryville has good running backs. I don't know, they didn't really have the opportunity to get any downhill steam tonight because the Maryville offensive line was being beaten up pretty badly, IMO. Maybe Maryville has a good QB but for my only time to see them play this season I would say he didn't look too impressive which the onus may be attributed also to a leaking offensive line. I think Maryville has a good defense but they were being pushed around by the fourth quarter. Still, I don't think either of these teams would beat the top eschelon of private schools like BA or MBA which has sent more players to top D1 schools than one can shake a stick at.

I don't watch much High School ball but I did catch the Oakland v. Maryville game on television. Oakland was clearly the stronger team on both sides of the ball but especially on defense. Maryville simply could not generate much offense and the Oakland defense was constantly and consistently in the backfield. Maybe Maryville has good running backs. I don't know, they didn't really have the opportunity to get any downhill steam tonight because the Maryville offensive line was being beaten up pretty badly, IMO. Maybe Maryville has a good QB but for my only time to see them play this season I would say he didn't look too impressive which the onus may be attributed also to a leaking offensive line. I think Maryville has a good defense but they were being pushed around by the fourth quarter. Still, I don't think either of these teams would beat the top eschelon of private schools like BA or MBA which has sent more players to top D1 schools than one can shake a stick at.
Well that's scholarship ball, there is a reason for that.

Well that's scholarship ball, there is a reason for that.

I recall during the broadcast that the announcer mentioned the Jacoby kid from Oakland as being a five star recruit who has committed to LSU. He mentioned another player either from Oakland or Maryville who was committed to Mississippi State. Uhm, Butch, where are you? We gotta keep these kids in State.

I recall during the broadcast that the announcer mentioned the Jacoby kid from Oakland as being a five star recruit who has committed to LSU. He mentioned another player either from Oakland or Maryville who was committed to Mississippi State. Uhm, Butch, where are you? We gotta keep these kids in State.

That's correct. Both safeties for Oakland are going to SEC schools. Jacoby is a five star and going to LSU. Kaleb Oliver is a three star and going to MSU.

VN Store

Back