Oakland High School wins it all in 6A imo

wouldn't count out whitehaven from memphis i think they have cordarius richardson on their team who is committed to clemson n a heck of a rb

Saw them play in person. They have huge quick guys on there.

I admit this season Oakland is the biggest threat to Maryville in years. However, I think Maryville beats them in a shootout for the state title in 6A. Something like 49-42 or maybe even a higher score than that.

Maryville lost last year in the finals, but I hear what you're saying. I have not seen Oakland play, but I promise you that Maryville will be ready. I predict that Maryville win win 6A this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Maryville is the Alabama of Tennessee High School football.

Oakland has a shot at them this year when they meet in the state title. Oakland is that good & a threat to Maryville in a really big way this season. They are very similar teams with athletes all over the place. Their offenses are unbelievable.

Defenses are pretty equal. Should be a great one when these 2 meet for the state title. I think it will be very close but I'm not sure which team I would pick to win it at this time. Could go either way.

Maryville is the Alabama of Tennessee High School football.

Alabama plays top competition. Not apples to apples. When Maryville plays BA, MBA, Louisville Trinity, MUS, Endsworth etc.. And wins consistently then maybe...and don't think Oakland won't hit them in the mouth like Ravenwood did last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Alabama plays top competition. Not apples to apples. When Maryville plays BA, MBA, Louisville Trinity, MUS, Endsworth etc.. And wins consistently then maybe...and don't think Oakland won't hit them in the mouth like Ravenwood did last year.

why those teams? why not judge them against the awesome Texas HS teams they don't play?

why those teams? why not judge them against the awesome Texas HS teams they don't play?

Point is they don't play the best in state teams. Not even close. The other teams mentioned play Trinity to make them better and to see where they stand. Its good they play the best near like Alcoa and Fulton. Wouldn't you like to see a September match up...Maryville vs BA or MBA? It would be fun.

Also, not Apples to Apples because Bama out talents everyone they play.

Point is they don't play the best in state teams. Not even close. The other teams mentioned play Trinity to make them better and to see where they stand. Its good they play the best near like Alcoa and Fulton. Wouldn't you like to see a September match up...Maryville vs BA or MBA? It would be fun.

so, these aforementioned teams are better than White Haven, Oakland & the other teams they have played in the playoffs?

Oakland will by far be Maryville's toughest opponent. They are legit.
BA has two losses. #1 Louisville Trinityand MBA. Check this out:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2
Oakland no doubt has a chance to knock Maryville out of the playoffs. They are that good too. I think it's going to be a high scoring game around 42-35 or 38-35 but I'm still going with Maryville but would not at all be surprised to see Oakland win.

I'm at the Oakland/Maryville game. It's incredible how much better Oakland is than Maryville. The game is much, much worse than the score.

Oakland fumbled inside the 10 and got stopped on 4th down inside the 10. Should have had another touchdown or two. Maryville only had 135 yards of offense.

VN Store

Back