Division II Class A

Knox Webb
@ St. George's 69-48
USJ @ Lausanne 30-14

Division II Class AA

Ensworth @ MBA 21-17
Baylor @ Brentwood Academy 38-3

http://brackets.tssaa.org/

http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=164&pdf=.pdf (1A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=165&pdf=.pdf (2A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=166&pdf=.pdf (3A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=167&pdf=.pdf (4A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=168&pdf=.pdf (5A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=169&pdf=.pdf (6A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=170&pdf=.pdf (Div. II Class A)
http://brackets.tssaa.org/bracket.cfm?id=171&pdf=.pdf (Div. II Class AA)

Last edited:
Let's go, Greenback. NCS won't have Daniel Bituli this time around.

My alma mater(Sullivan North High School) was knocked out in the 1st round so I really don't have a dog in this race but I do have family that works in the Elizabethton City School system so I'm pulling for them over Alcoa.

Columbia Academy, not county and they're going down. Next is greenback, book it! SP vs. dresden for the title.

Columbia Academy, not county and they're going down. Next is greenback, book it! SP vs. dresden for the title.

Thanks for the heads-up. There's so many County & Academy named schools in the state I can't keep up with them. Bad thing about this one though is I was looking right at it from .PDF format. :hmm:

2nd bold. I'd say you're right with Dresden winning the class 1A state title. South Pittsburg could pull it out too but I feel Dresden is the best team in the state in 1A.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the heads-up. There's so many County & Academy named schools in the state I can't keep up with them. Bad thing about this one though is I was looking right at it from .PDF format. :hmm:

2nd bold. I'd say you're right with Dresden winning the class 1A state title. South Pittsburg could pull it out too but I feel Dresden is the best team in the state in 1A.

Could be we'll see!

i'm following franklin my alma matta n marshall county..best of luck to both of those schools! columbia academy might surprise some people with a upset friday night to..they have a big team weight wise

dresden has the best defense n the state of tennessee stastically n their offense is #2 n the state stastically if i'm not mistaken..they been blowing teams out n the playoffs just like marshall county

Winners:

1A: Greenback, South Pittsburg, Wayne Co., Dresden (winner)
2A: Austin-East, Marion, Waverly, Trezevant
3A: Alcoa, Sequatchie, Goodpasture, Dyersburg (CPA is the darkhorse)
4A: Knox Central, Marshall Co., Pearl Cohn, Ridgeway
5A: Morristown West, Farragut, Independence (winner), Centennial
6A: Maryville, Oakland, Cordova, WhiteHaven
Div II-A: St. George, Lausanne (winner)
Div II-AA: MBA, Brentwood

Last edited:
Here's my choices:

1A

Coalfield @ Greenback
South Pittsburg @ Columbia Academy
Nashville Christian @ Wayne County
Union City @ Dresden

2A

Happy Valley @ Austin-East
Marion County @ Forrest
Scotts Hill @ Waverly
Trezevant @ Mitchell

3A

Elizabethton @ Alcoa
East Ridge @ Sequatchie County
CPA @ Goodpasture
Dyersburg @ Liberty Magnet

4A

Knox Fulton @ Knox Central
Spring Hill @ Marshall County
Springfield @ Pearl Cohn
Memphis East @ Ridgeway

5A

Morristown West @ South Doyle
Ooltewah @ Farragut
Independence @ Cane Ridge
Brentwood @ Centennial

6A

Blackman @ Maryville
Hardin Valley @ Oakland
Ravenwood @ Cordova
Franklin @ Whitehaven

Division II Class A

Knox Webb @ St. George's
USJ @ Lausanne

Division II Class AA

Ensworth @ MBA
Baylor @ Brentwood Academy

dresden has the best defense n the state of tennessee stastically n their offense is #2 n the state stastically if i'm not mistaken..they been blowing teams out n the playoffs just like marshall county

My not-so-bold prediction is that Marshall County will not win 4A. Fulton or Central will be the champion.

I am just curious why the two of you think that Central will win against Fulton. Central did beat Fulton in the regular season in a very close game and did beat Greeneville last week, but Fulton beat the juggernaut Catholic high school by 3 touchdowns.

Fulton wins 36 - 20.

I am just curious why the two of you think that Central will win against Fulton. Central did beat Fulton in the regular season in a very close game and did beat Greeneville last week, but Fulton beat the juggernaut Catholic high school by 3 touchdowns.

Fulton wins 36 - 20.

Just because of the bold above is the single most reason. :wink:

I understand. I disagree, but I understand :)

That's fine. Disagreeing with me on things isn't what bothers me on here with members. It's some certain ones that instigate me by attacking my posts in a negative way or call me a liar. I'm not going to stand for that. Thanks buddy.

Hoping coach Witten and the Elizabethton cyclones pull the upset in Alcoa. Living in Elizabethton I really don't care for happy valley but at this point in time I hope they can pull an upset at Austin east. I had the chance to see Oakland play against my alma this year cookeville and I've also seen maryville play this year. With that being said I don't think maryville will have anything for the patriots (if they get the chance to play). I think Dresden is the team to beat in 1a. Austin east 2a, Alcoa 3a, Fulton 4a, not sure about 5a but I'll take a shot and say independence, and Oakland in 6a. I don't keep up with division 2 ball. Those are my picks.... go cyclones!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
That's fine. Disagreeing with me on things isn't what bothers me on here with members. It's some certain ones that instigate me by attacking my posts in a negative way or call me a liar. I'm not going to stand for that. Thanks buddy.

Also thanks for doing these threads.... I enjoy reading them and posting some!

Here are my picks for this week

1A

Greenback
South Pittsburg
Nashville Christian
Dresden

2A

Austin-East
Marion County
Waverly
Trezevant

3A

Alcoa
Sequatchie County
Goodpasture
Liberty Magnet

4A

Knox Fulton
Marshall County
Pearl Cohn
Ridgeway

5A

Morristown West
Farragut
Independence
Centennial

6A

Maryville
Oakland
Cordova
Whitehaven

Division II Class A

St. George's
Lausanne

Division II Class AA

MBA
Brentwood Academy

Hoping coach Witten and the Elizabethton cyclones pull the upset in Alcoa. Living in Elizabethton I really don't care for happy valley but at this point in time I hope they can pull an upset at Austin east. I had the chance to see Oakland play against my alma this year cookeville and I've also seen maryville play this year. With that being said I don't think maryville will have anything for the patriots (if they get the chance to play). I think Dresden is the team to beat in 1a. Austin east 2a, Alcoa 3a, Fulton 4a, not sure about 5a but I'll take a shot and say independence, and Oakland in 6a. I don't keep up with division 2 ball. Those are my picks.... go cyclones!!!!!

I'm pulling for the Cyclones as well buddy. It's going to be a tough task though especially on the road. They can possibly do it but losing their QB & forcing Corey Russell to play there I just don't know.

He's a true RB & not a QB. They had a tall athletic QB before he got hurt but they have to do whatever they need to do to run the offense. GO CYCLONES!

I'm pulling for the Cyclones as well buddy. It's going to be a tough task though especially on the road. They can possibly do it but losing their QB & forcing Corey Russell to play there I just don't know.

He's a true RB & not a QB. They had a tall athletic QB before he got hurt but they have to do whatever they need to do to run the offense. GO CYCLONES!
Yeah carter Everett is a good qb and being 6'4 helps. Corey is just too short to be a true qb, although he is so slippery and explosive. Both are great and only sophomores so we will get to see them for a while. Go cyclones!

Would love to see the Cyclones beat Alcoa and make the Final 4! Class of 66'!

VN Store

Back