Auburn & LSU better than UT?

madbamahater

Watched both games last night and both teams look vastly, vastly better than beginning of season. Both teams look like they are the real deal and they both look extremely well coached.

The players look very sound and well coached as if they understand the gameplan and how to execute it. Their lines look very disciplined and well coached

Reactions: 2 people
What cracks me up is that we have had a few posters making the argument that Hurd is better than Fournette.

Hurd's numbers would be huge in LSU offensive scheme and how well their line is blocking. Hurd just simply doesn't have Fournette's speed.

I like Hurd a lot and think he is greatly hamstrung with no lead blocking and nearly zero from the line.

Fournette, when healthy, is by far best back in the land. Not even close. Not a knock on Hurd, just reality.

Reactions: 4 people
Toss up really? Vols would get destroyed by both right now....Tennessee wouldn't be able to compete on either line of scrimmage agaisnt either right now.

Agree, there's a huge talent discrepancy between Auburn and LSU's D line and our Oline. They would get destroyed.

Reactions: 1 person
Both teams seemed to have improved as the season progresses.....UT, not so much. I know some injuries have played a factor - but every year it seems we hear a story of why we're not performing to other SEC caliber team levels.

A few years ago it was b/c we were starting two walk-on OLine men. Then it was b/c of youth (for 2 years). Now its injuries combined with limited depth.

If you look at the rosters of many SEC teams, you'll find several with true or RS freshmen starting at various positions - from receivers to OL.

Injuires, injuries, injuries......yes, they are playing a big role. Tennessee has too much talent not on the field due to injury and it shows. Would it be enough to "out athlete" them? Maybe....possibly....if UT literally had everyone back.....

To me, though, is the way the teams are performing. That's the clear cut sign to me. Auburn and LSU appear to be very well coached and sound and confident they know what to do with the respective roles in each system.

I believe the biggest dropoff between those 2 programs and UTs and this juncture (excluding injuries) is the coaching. Flat out.

Even when Vols were healthy (relatively heathly) they still seemed very wreckless and often confused. Very kamikaze like......

Both teams seemed to have improved as the season progresses.....UT, not so much. I know some injuries have played a factor - but every year it seems we hear a story of why we're not performing to other SEC caliber team levels.

A few years ago it was b/c we were starting two walk-on OLine men. Then it was b/c of youth (for 2 years). Now its injuries combined with limited depth.

If you look at the rosters of many SEC teams, you'll find several with true or RS freshmen starting at various positions - from receivers to OL.

..."some injuries"...
..."some injuries"!?.

I'd like a thousand dollar bill for each one of our "some injuries"! I'd have a nice new kitchen for the wife for Christmas.

Oh, and a few redshirt frosh is not the same as what Tennessee had to deal with. How quickly people forget....or just can't/won't/don't want to understand to begin with.

Reactions: 3 people
..."some injuries"...
..."some injuries"!?.

I'd like a thousand dollar bill for each one of our "some injuries"! I'd have a nice new kitchen for the wife for Christmas.

Oh, and a few redshirt frosh is not the same as what Tennessee had to deal with. How quickly people forget....or just can't/won't/don't want to understand to begin with.

So what's your solution? Because just a few weeks ago LSU fired their damn coach and Gus was the talk of the town about when he was gonna get the ax. Neither team had a QB. Now it looks like they have 2 QBs that at a very minimum are "game managers" but are much better. The coaching is vastly superior at both Auburn and LSU.

Tennessee is a double digit dog to either of those 2 teams at this point in the season. They're not just winning games, they're embarrassing people.

Right...just like Florida has the best D-Line in college football and A&M has the best pass rush in college football? Our line was ok against both those teams. In fact, by the end of the A&M game our lines were winning the battle in the trenches (linebackers are another story).

We play either of those teams down to the wire tomorrow. You forget how dominant we have been, at times. This team can play with almost any team if playing well (maybe not Bama...I hope I find I'm wrong in Atlanta).

If we could have our linebackers and lockdown corner back, I say we have easily the 2cnd best defense in the SEC.

AND this team will likely finish the regular season as 2 loss SEC East Champion. This is still a good football team that has had a good season.

Last edited:
Watched both games last night and both teams look vastly, vastly better than beginning of season. Both teams look like they are the real deal and they both look extremely well coached.

The players look very sound and well coached as if they understand the gameplan and how to execute it. Their lines look very disciplined and well coached

Do they have 17 starters out?

VN Store

Back