TSSAA Playoffs

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
Ok, I don't exactly keep up with high school football that much anymore in Tennessee, but I did check out the playoff schedule and usually sort of pay attention this time of year.

This probably happens every year and I just haven't noticed, but how the heck can an 0-10 team make the playoffs? And several 1 and 2 win teams. Is it a case of how it's set up and there are too many playoff spots?

Ok, I don't exactly keep up with high school football that much anymore in Tennessee, but I did check out the playoff schedule and usually sort of pay attention this time of year.

This probably happens every year and I just haven't noticed, but how the heck can an 0-10 team make the playoffs? And several 1 and 2 win teams. Is it a case of how it's set up and there are too many playoff spots?

Apparently in 6A there are 32 teams statewide, and a 32 team playoff . We'd hate for anyone's feelings to be hurt.

Reactions: 1 person
When they expanded from 3A's to 6A's years ago, it reduced the number of regions at each level, and even then some of the regions were still left with only 4-5 teams. To keep the 5-game playoff, they had to include the top 4 teams from each region. So, if your region has only 4 teams, you're in the playoffs, regardless of record.

Apparently in 6A there are 32 teams statewide, and a 32 team playoff . We'd hate for anyone's feelings to be hurt.

It's the super 32 which includes the 32 largest schools in TN. Do the math. Five rounds means all have to make it. It is not about hurt feelings.

It's the super 32 which includes the 32 largest schools in TN. Do the math. Five rounds means all have to make it. It is not about hurt feelings.

I'd propose to cut a round or 2 then. That's just silly that every team makes the playoffs.

Reactions: 2 people
My alma mater and defending state champs Knoxville West 8-2 opens its title defense at home against Morristown East 3-7 Go Rebels!

I'd propose to cut a round or 2 then. That's just silly that every team makes the playoffs.

Would make more sense to have a super 45 or something. No reason to have bigger schools kids get the same opportunity to play as many games as others. Most won't play anymore after high school.

My alma mater and defending state champs Knoxville West 8-2 opens its title defense at home against Morristown East 3-7 Go Rebels!

It's weird that(I believe)Maryville opens again 1-9 Warren County. There's no way that a 1-9 team should be in the Playoffs.

Reactions: 2 people
Class 3A Friday night winners: Elizabethton, CAK, Pigeon Forge, Alcoa, East Ridge, Chattanooga Christian, Notre Dame, Upperman, CPA, Stratford, White House Heritage, Camden, Liberty Magnet, Melrose, Milan,Covington.

It sucks that 94.3 in Knoxville is redesigning their website and you can't listen online and thus you can't hear the Maryville Playoff games until the Semis and Finals are televised by the TSSAA online.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back