Friday Night Football!!

HomeGrownUTVOL

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow night, I get to see Tee Higgins and Oak Ridge take on the Dobyns-Bennett Indians!

Is anyone else planning on watching any H.S. Football? If you are, are you getting to see any of the big name recruits?

I encourage you to post updates in this thread.

I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Can't make it but will be listening to Science Hill vs Elizabethton. THE HILL BABY!!!! Topper Pride! Screw DB...

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'll be there working the game with EMS. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the game and see how great this kid will be for us!

I will be in at Pals field...aka J Fred Johnson Stadium...and as I said in an earlier post, I hope Tee puts up huge numbers in a losing effort. Roll Tribe. Go America

Support your local team by all possible means even if it means buying those awful bugers and dogs from the booster concession. Remember it's for a good cause! Go team! :clapping:

Oak Ridge rolls. Upper East Tennessee football is underwhelming, especially in the playoffs.

I will be at the Union County at Claiborne game tonight as i watch my oldest son who is a senior and nephew who is a senior and my other sons first varsity game as a freshman. GO BULLDOGS!! I NO I NO, probly not going to be very good football but ill be there to support my boys.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone know if the OR vs DB will happen to be televised tonight?

Just an FYI, the Peachtree Ridge vs. Archer game has been moved to Saturday night, 08/29 and will be televised on ESPNU. Future UT commits will be running all over the field!!!

Wonder if there is a way for those of us without ESPNU to watch this.

I'll be at the Brentwood Academy game. We're hosting Trinity tonight. Two nationally ranked teams battling it out. Ryan Johnson will be pancaking folks as usual but Trinity will be tough. They spanked Ensworth 45-0 last Friday. Go Eagles!

ETA: Here's a link to the ESBN broadcast if anyone is interested:

Brentwood Academy: ESBN Webcast

FranklinVol (of TOS fame) will be doing the color commentary

Last edited:
Anyone know if the OR vs DB will happen to be televised tonight?

Wonder if there is a way for those of us without ESPNU to watch this.

I may be wrong but if you have ESPN through your cable provider, you should be able to log into WatchESPN online and watch all of ESPN's programming.

Is this game at DB? I'm a former south student so naturally.. Go oak ridge :shaking2:

Yes it's at DB. I actually went to Sullivan North but I became a DB fan a couple of years ago when my cousin played. I'm not a huge DB

fan so if they get beat tonight, no big deal. I'm really just excited to see all that young talent from a little further down I-40!

I'll be honest, it's going to be hard to root against future Vols! I BLEED ORANGE!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!

The cool thing about going to DB games is its almost like going to a college game with the crowd, atmosphere, and New addition to the

stadium. That's not even mentioning DB's band, they are amazing!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

The cool thing about going to DB games is its almost like going to a college game with the crowd, atmosphere, and New addition to the

stadium. That's not even mentioning DB's band, they are amazing!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

HomeGrown, db still plays on the edge of the baseball field don't they? When I played against them that's what I remember, football field was half on a baseball field.

Go Bradley Bears, beat McMinn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess they already did. Good Job boys. 2-0

Last edited:
DB had a chance to win, they were in the red zone with 3 and some change. But had a batted ball for an INT. Coach Clarke got way to

conservative down close to end zone, tried to drain clock but the got stopped for a TFL on 2nd down and had to pass on 3rd and goal.

VN Store

Back