It's Finally here - Friday night lights

jps2194

Vol for Life
Who's ready for some high school football :dance2:

I'll be at the Powell - Farragut game. Who else is heading out tonight?

I'll be at the Middlesboro - Bell County game tonight! Bad blood between these two Kentucky schools.

Swain High Maroon Devils @ Hapeville GA

Swain is where Heath Shuler Played

Unfortunately my alma mater, Elizabethton High, doesn't play until next Friday when they play Science Hill (Johnson City) Hilltoppers! A win by the Cyclones would really give them a jump start on the season!

Going to watch my alma mater Copper Basin play Coalfield. We only have 25 players with some freshman starting. Probably going to be a long year, just hate watching them lose. But my daughter is going with me and she is even wearing my old jersey, so it will be a good night reguardless. Go Cougars, Go Vols.

This is my son's last season at Adamsville and I hope that it is a long one, all the way into December. :rock:

Going to watch my alma mater Copper Basin play Coalfield. We only have 25 players with some freshman starting. Probably going to be a long year, just hate watching them lose. But my daughter is going with me and she is even wearing my old jersey, so it will be a good night reguardless. Go Cougars, Go Vols.

Hope they have a good year. I went to Polk County. We had a rough year last year. Not sure what the heck happened. Dropped the opener tonight to East Ridge.

Here's hoping both teams get better.

Jefferson County beat Grace Christian 48-21..in a couple of weeks we travel to Maryville

Jefferson County beat Grace Christian 48-21..in a couple of weeks we travel to Maryville

Hate to say it but in a couple weeks you will get run off the field by Maryville. Maryville is a well oiled machine. They just trounced Heritage tonight

My alma mater #1 Ranked Knoxville West High School began its defense of its state Class 5A championship Thursday night with a hard-fought 16-15 victory at Hardin Valley. West has now won 14 games in a row.

Hope they have a good year. I went to Polk County. We had a rough year last year. Not sure what the heck happened. Dropped the opener tonight to East Ridge.

I played for Meigs County back in the mid 80's and the craziest place I had ever been was Copper Basin. They were throwing bottles at our buses and that was the dirtiest team I had ever seen. We had a huge bench clearing brawl. But, alas, we won the game and the fight.

I haven't been back there since - does it still fill like you are going back in time?

Unfortunately it was a slaughter 50-7, we only have 25 players with about 15 of them serviceable. We even played some freshman and 8th graders in the game.

I played for Meigs County back in the mid 80's and the craziest place I had ever been was Copper Basin. They were throwing bottles at our buses and that was the dirtiest team I had ever seen. We had a huge bench clearing brawl. But, alas, we won the game and the fight.

I haven't been back there since - does it still fill like you are going back in time?

No more than going to Ten Mile.

VN Store

Back