4A State Championship - Fulton vs. Trezevant

drvenner

Home Sweet Home
I know nothing about Trezevant, other than they have only lost one game and have put up a lot of points. I am guessing that they're pretty athletic and well-coached.

Fulton's run has been well-documented. I think that the difference in the end is coaching, and Fulton has some great ones.

Fulton 41 Trezevant 28

Go Falcons!!

I know nothing about Trezevant, other than they have only lost one game and have put up a lot of points. I am guessing that they're pretty athletic and well-coached.

Fulton's run has been well-documented. I think that the difference in the end is coaching, and Fulton has some great ones.

Fulton 41 Trezevant 28

Go Falcons!!

I would guess that Trezevant will be a stiffer challenge for FHS than were Giles County and Covington in 2012 and 2013.

This game will be only as close as fulton wants it to be. There is no team in 4A within 4 touchdowns of Fulton if they are on there game. The only way Trezavant makes this close is if Fulton does what they did against Carter and turn the ball over 5 times and 200 yards in penalty. Fulton rolls 56-14

This game will not be close. I attended the greeneville vs. Trezavant state championship game a few years ago. Prior to the game, I analyzed the game scores for both teams and thought it would be a good game and Greeneville destroyed them. They simply don't play teams at the same level as East Tennessee. greeneville scored 70 points and it was the most they scored against any playoff opponent that year. I believe the year was 2010.

This one is already getting ugly Fulton 44 yard fumble return 19-0 midway through 2nd quarter.

Fulton hasn't seen a defense like Trezevant this year. They have quite a few three and outs already. (I think like four). Trezevant has had 4 turnovers already and are killing themselves. Fulton's average starting field position is the opponents 40. That's crazy. Especially crazy that it's 22-6 and not 42-6. Futons defense is keeping them in it with all these turnovers forced.

Just like that it's 22-12. Trezevant goes for two everytime. I hate that. #5 for them looks like a good back.

#5 for trezevant will be an sec prospect. As mentioned above I just found out he's only a sophomore. Wow.

Wow trezevant has 9 fumbles... They just drove the ball alllllll the way down the field and fumbled it again at like the 8 yard line.

Didn't know that. I'd say they'll be winning 2a regularly.

Yea was just thinking that myself but this is not the normal FULTON team ive been used to watching destroy all the teams around Knoxville. They look way off tonight for some reason it could be the Trezavant defense.

Yea was just thinking that myself but this is not the normal FULTON team ive been used to watching destroy all the teams around Knoxville. They look way off tonight for some reason it could be the Trezavant defense.

Trousdale county owns 2a regularly. They wouldn't even stand a chance against trezevant. The amount of speed and size will be too much for anyone to handle in that class.

Last edited:
Trezevant looks to be the better team honestly. They have more yards more everything. They're leading in all the stats. You just can't fumble the ball 9 times in a game.

From what I'm hearing Trezevant's starting rb is out for this game. I'd like to have seen who was ahead of these guys in the lineup.

From what I'm hearing Trezevant's starting rb is out for this game. I'd like to have seen who was ahead of these guys in the lineup.

Yeah me too but your right Trousdale Co. Or even Peabody who won 2A earlier wouldnt stand a chance vs Trezevant. Both Peabody and Trousdale Co. will be in 1A next year.

Last edited:
Trezevant is a far better team then anything Fulton has played this year. Trezevant only loss was by 1 point to Southaven out of Mississippi.

I feel bad for trezevant. 29-20 with 31 seconds left in the game and they have 10 fumbles tonight. That's hard to even imagine.

Trezevant was better on defense than I thought they would be. Fulton showed resiliency in winning. They were outgained 211-203, but the turnovers killed Trezevant. Fulton had a couple and gave up a cheap touchdown going for the state scoring record. Still, I am very proud of my Fulton Falcons. Winning three in a row is very tough and they have done it.

Go Falcons!!

Originally Posted by truevol
Just give Fulton the gold football now.... Don't make another team waste the money in travels and embarrassment of getting beat down.... Congrats to Fulton

Hold on to that thought for another week, maybe two. It might turn out to be prophetic.

Wasn't exactly a beatdown, but it did turn out to be a bit prophetic.

Wasn't exactly a beatdown, but it did turn out to be a bit prophetic.

I'm looking like a dummy, but both teams looked horrible.... Wasn't impressed a bit with either team. But I had my money where my mouth was and came out on top, though not exactly a beat down by any means. Neither of those teams were capable of laying a beat down yesterday.

VN Store

Back