5A Semifinals Knox West @ Rhea

Aerie Vol

Gonna be an epic after-Thanksgiving Day battle. Beware the tryptophan, Eagles, beware the tryptophan!

Could be the largest crowd Bill Horton Field has ever seen.

Who's got info on West?

AV

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry man, I'm Matt. First post. I'm from Rhea County haha

Welcome to VN. I "liked" your post - not because you said Rhea gon' whip 'em, but because rarely does one use their first post with such authority.

Go hard or go home. Well played.

AV

Good to know there are a few other Rhea County folks in here. I will be there cheering on the Eagles!!! Should be one of the best game day atmospheres we have ever had here.

Haha I actually played my high school ball at Red Bank but I grew up in Rhea County. We haven't had a year like this since Andy Kelly was our QB. I hope Rhea plays well.

I don't know a whole lot about Rhea County, but West is very athletic, with big play receivers and a running back in Cottrell that is going to Georgia Tech. They have shut down most offenses all year and have a lot of turnovers from int's and fumbles. Should be a good game. Good luck, you are probably going to need it.

Rhea has huge lines and can run the ball on anyone. I know West is very good. Other than Maryville they haven't really played anyone that has challenged them. We will see. Should be a great game.

Rhea has huge lines and can run the ball on anyone. I know West is very good. Other than Maryville they haven't really played anyone that has challenged them. We will see. Should be a great game.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Rhea has a huge line because they don't. But they are well coached. You are right , they can run on anybody.

Maryville didn't think so. You think Rhea isn't? Undeafeated and just whipped two undefeated powerhouses in Ooltewah and Oak Ridge. Rhea will destroy West.

Credit where credit is due you came to our house and beat us, but ORHS committed 4 turnovers. I would be wary if my team was +4 in turnovers and only won by 14.

Credit where credit is due you came to our house and beat us, but ORHS committed 4 turnovers. I would be wary if my team was +4 in turnovers and only won by 14.

2 of OR TDs came in a span of what 30 seconds ? Other than that OR did nothing and couldn't stop Rhea all night. The first 4th and 11 that kid did not catch that ball. I talked to a couple of OR fans at the Tn game last week and their view was very different from yours. But either way OR got rolled. But what ever helps you get through the day.

West is ranked the number 1 team in the state in 5a for a reason. They are the only team to hang with Maryville all year. I watched the game and it was closer than the score indicated. West had a second half lead. West runs a vert unigue offense thats hard to stop. Ive also seen the Rhea Co. Oak Ridge Game. In my honest opinion i would say something like 35-21 West. Rhea has seen no speed like west has with a RB in Cotterel that runs sub 4.4 and another RB that runs sub 4.5 and both have unbelievable power. I give Rhea credit i didnt see them betting Ootewlah or Oak Ridge but they did. If this game was in Knoxville its West by 21. They are a top team in Knox County Area with only Fulton and Maryville better.

West is ranked the number 1 team in the state in 5a for a reason. They are the only team to hang with Maryville all year. I watched the game and it was closer than the score indicated. West had a second half lead. West runs a vert unigue offense thats hard to stop. Ive also seen the Rhea Co. Oak Ridge Game. In my honest opinion i would say something like 35-21 West. Rhea has seen no speed like west has with a RB in Cotterel that runs sub 4.4 and another RB that runs sub 4.5 and both have unbelievable power. I give Rhea credit i didnt see them betting Ootewlah or Oak Ridge but they did. If this game was in Knoxville its West by 21. They are a top team in Knox County Area with only Fulton and Maryville better.

Great info!

I'd also mention that West has great senior leadership. They made it to the finals last year. Experience in big games is a difference maker.

Quite a bit of "trash talking," so to speak, from Rhea County posters, so it will be interesting to see if those posters show up to eat some crow if West should win, or if they become "shrinking violets."

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back