Wk 3 of the Playoffs: Science Hill at Maryville

Dave1967

Maryville is unbeatable in 6A and Science Hill will take a beating like about all of the Rebels opponents do. Maryville will cruise to a 44-17 win over Science Hill.

Maryville is unbeatable in 6A and Science Hill will take a beating like about all of the Rebels opponents do. Maryville will cruise to a 44-17 win over Science Hill.

Dave, I'm a Maryville High Red Rebel, Class of 1963 and hope you are correct. I haven't followed Science Hill this season, but, they were a powerhouse back in my day, especially, in '63 with one Steve Spurrier at QB.

Next week's game with Blackman/Oakland winner will be for the state title. I'm a Maryville fan but they may struggle next week since the game will be in Murfreesboro.

Next week's game with Blackman/Oakland winner will be for the state title. I'm a Maryville fan but they may struggle next week since the game will be in Murfreesboro.

Nobody will beat the Rebels in the tournament this season. Just like Union City in 1A,Alcoa in 3A,Fulton in 4A and Knox West in 5A.

Science Hill doesn't stand a chance. Maryville seems to good based on what I've read. True the Toppers have played against some good talent, but can a previous "Big 7" conference powerhouse beat a Knoxville team? I can remember when Oak Ridge used to play EHS and DB back in the days in the '60's and not just in football. The Wildcats had a pretty decent basketball team too. They played DB, EHS and Hampton back in the '60's.

Toppers lose by 3 TD's!

Science Hill doesn't stand a chance. Maryville seems to good based on what I've read. True the Toppers have played against some good talent, but can a previous "Big 7" conference powerhouse beat a Knoxville team? I can remember when Oak Ridge used to play EHS and DB back in the days in the '60's and not just in football. The Wildcats had a pretty decent basketball team too. They played DB, EHS and Hampton back in the '60's.

Toppers lose by 3 TD's!

The Rebels defense is by far the best in 6A. The Offense doesn't make many mistakes and is very efficient.

Just testing him to see if he had the courage of his convictions. He didn't.

Just be glad he didn't take you for what it was worth.... Maybe next year Hilltoppers... Oh wait, next year you'll play them in district play so you'll get beat down before the playoffs even start

Seems teams in upper East Tennessee can't compete with teams from the Knoxville area. Hmmm? I'm from upper East Tennessee too. Where's the talent in Tennessee? Around Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis.

Seems teams in upper East Tennessee can't compete with teams from the Knoxville area. Hmmm? I'm from upper East Tennessee too. Where's the talent in Tennessee? Around Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis.

Well for years a couple Memphis schools, Murfreesboro, Knoxville(area).... But yes you are correct upper east tn has struggled for many years to play west of Morristown. Greeneville has had some success in the 4A scene but that seems to have been taken over by Knox Fulton in a maryville/Alcoa. Kind of way. I'm from upper east tn myself so it sucks to say that but it is what it is.

Just be glad he didn't take you for what it was worth.... Maybe next year Hilltoppers... Oh wait, next year you'll play them in district play so you'll get beat down before the playoffs even start

I won't be playing anyone. I'm not a fan of either team, so the outcome didn't matter to me. I just find bold predictions amusing.

I won't be playing anyone. I'm not a fan of either team, so the outcome didn't matter to me. I just find bold predictions amusing.

The poster was bold in the prediction but, bold as it was, the prediction was accurate, and the final score was considerably greater than even the word bold would indicate. 28-0 would have been bold, but of course it was worse than that, SHHS not even scoring.

VN Store

Back