2015-2016 Division I Football Region Alignments

I'm happy to see Maryville out of Hendersonville's class. I'm convinced that Maryville could beat some small colleges.

Elzabethton dropped from 4A to 3A but will still play some 4A and even 6A teams as we did this past season, plus 1 2A team. All of these teams are within a 1/2 drive at most.

Its my understanding that the first 4 in each Region go to the Playoffs. I haven't heard if you must win (x) number of games or you will be left out even if you are fourth.

Should have to have a winning season. Correct or not? I saw a 2-8 team here in Florida play a 8-2 team. The 2-8 team got blown out! Did they deserve to be in the playoffs? Hmmm.

Joy! 2-8 Jeff County gets to add Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill to their schedule next year.

Joy! 2-8 Jeff County gets to add Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill to their schedule next year.

It wasn't that long ago that Jeff, DB, and SH were all in the same region together. I have some good and some not so good memories of those games. The region definitely just got tougher for them.

I find it interesting that Bradley Central was placed in that region. They'll have to drive nearly 3 hrs to play DB and Science Hill. And their closest region opponents will be Maryville and WB at 1.5 hrs. Sounds like they got the bad end of the deal.

My son is attending a baseball showcase camp at Bradley Central this weekend. It took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there on a Saturday. I imagine we could add an extra 30 minutes to that on a Friday afternoon. I don't see how BC and DB or Science Hill will be able to travel for a Friday night game unless they get out of school early. Even then, they won't get back home until 2 or 3 in the morning.

From upper east Tennessee to near Chattanooga it's about a 4-5 hour drive. Teams would have to leave before noon. That would mean arrival around 4 pm for a 7 PM game. I'd be willing to bet that students and even players wouldn't be in class that day. If the game is earlier they'd leave around 8 or 9 am.

VN Store

Back