Oakdale 5-0 for first time since 1930

BallinVol

Oakdale 5-0 for the first time since 1930

As an alumni of Oakdale and a former player here, I can't be more proud with what they've accomplished this year! These kids have bought into the coaches and it shows on the field. It's good to see one of the smallest schools in the state (K-12) getting some recognition and performing as well as they have. They have a tough match up this week with Rockwood who is on a 2 game losing streak. It should be an intense game as Rockwood would love to get back on track while Oakdale would love to extend their winning ways this season. Go Eagles and God bless both teams!

Reactions: 5 people
I am glad to see Oakdale doing so well. As a alumni and former player at Oneida, I have made a lot of trips to Oakdale. I love the view from the stands at Oakdale. It is a great place to watch a HS football game.
I hope Oakdale goes 9-1 with their only loss to Oneida on Oct. 3. :D

Reactions: 3 people
I am glad to see Oakdale doing so well. As a alumni and former player at Oneida, I have made a lot of trips to Oakdale. I love the view from the stands at Oakdale. It is a great place to watch a HS football game.
I hope Oakdale goes 9-1 with their only loss to Oneida on Oct. 3. :D

Shout out from a former Highlander.

Reactions: 1 person
This comment is pretty hilarious:

"As an alumnae of Oakdale High School, I couldn't be happier for the team and their 5-0 record. However, I must point out that this can't be the best start since 1930 because according to an article in a 1988 edition of the Morgan County News, Oakdale fielded its first football team in 1945"

This comment is pretty hilarious:

"As an alumnae of Oakdale High School, I couldn't be happier for the team and their 5-0 record. However, I must point out that this can't be the best start since 1930 because according to an article in a 1988 edition of the Morgan County News, Oakdale fielded its first football team in 1945"

eh 1930 and 1945 ... same thing lol

Either way it's one hell of an accomplishment by the young kids. My freshman season we started 4-1 only to lose 5 in a row.

People talk about how Oakdale sucks and all ... but when you field less than 30 players and you are playing offense, defense and special teams, the odds are stacked against you.

Imagine how bad Tennessee would be with less than 30 players. No depth=tired as hell players come 4th quarter or even earlier.

As a former oneida grad and player myself, I made more than a fair share of games to oakdale as well. Very few teams deserve a good year (or a couple) like Oakdale does. I can say I never saw a team as gracious and kind after a loss, or even a blowout, as Oakdale, and maybe karma is finally coming back around for them.

Yeah, they didn't look good tonight. They looked very skiddish to start the game and Rockwood took advantage early. After a couple scores, Oakdale seemed to have laid down. Rockwood has a pretty good team so give them credit as well.

I believe Oakdale could finish as high as 8-2 or as low as 6-4 ... just depends on how they take this loss. Snap and clear is what they should be thinking.

I wonder if the pressure got to them tonight. They got a ton of press this week and probably was a distraction. Good run nonetheless.

I wonder if the pressure got to them tonight. They got a ton of press this week and probably was a distraction. Good run nonetheless.
Not to take anything away from Rockwood because they clearly was the better team. I do believe that the pressure got to them but once again, Rockwood was clearly the aggressor in this game.

The Eagles made the playoffs for the first time since my 8th grade year. I'm now 30 if that tells you anything. They took on the Sunbright Tigers tonight. Sunbright absolutely demolished them in the first meeting this year 53-6 iirc.

Tonight, Oakdale jumped out to a 20-0 lead. It would be short lived as they were outscored 42-8 despite having a 20-7 advantage at halftime. Sunbright 42 Oakdale 28.

Great season for the Eagles. Would've loved to have seen them get to the next round but good season nonetheless.

VN Store

Back