2014 Central Bobcats

BigO69

Football time is here! Central kicks it off today with a scrimmage against Mo West at their field. Murphy Fair has Mo West as a middle of the road team this year in his predictions but we expect a great battle like we always get from them. Im looking foward to seeing what the first glimpse of the Bryson Rosser era has to offer. GO BOBCATS!

Reactions: 1 person
The bobcats sux and will probably get caught cheating again like they did a few years ago.....but dont worry my school team lame too so lets go Bearden

The bobcats sux and will probably get caught cheating again like they did a few years ago.....but dont worry my school team lame too so lets go Bearden

First off you know nothing of which you speak. The 09 team was stripped of its two wins because an ineligible player. Kid had transferred to us from Halls and we didn't know he had played in any games the year before. Just two days before we played Halls that year, they turned us in to Tssaa. This kid was a mainly a backup that year and only played a few times. All it was, was another way for Halls to get one up on Central. And judging by their record against us, they need every break they can get! Now as for your Bearden team, Im not gona sit here and bash them for two reasons. One- I have more class than you do, Two- My cousin plays softball for Bearden and and I respect Bearden. If your looking to start an argument, go start it against sombody who likes a team you play regularly( i.e. Farragut, Maryville, etc).

besides Maryville, alcoa, who are the best teams in Kville

Some ones that are projected high in the rankings are Fulton, Knox West, Oak Ridge, Knox Webb, Knox Grace Christian, Coalfield. Others are Anderson County, Sevier County, South Doyle( Very Dangerous team!), Knoxville Catholic, CAK, Onieda.

First off you know nothing of which you speak. The 09 team was stripped of its two wins because an ineligible player. Kid had transferred to us from Halls and we didn't know he had played in any games the year before. Just two days before we played Halls that year, they turned us in to Tssaa. This kid was a mainly a backup that year and only played a few times. All it was, was another way for Halls to get one up on Central. And judging by their record against us, they need every break they can get! Now as for your Bearden team, Im not gona sit here and bash them for two reasons. One- I have more class than you do, Two- My cousin plays softball for Bearden and and I respect Bearden. If your looking to start an argument, go start it against sombody who likes a team you play regularly( i.e. Farragut, Maryville, etc).

So yall didnt get caught in 2011 either bc ik so many ppl who went there and they told me they had to give up the only win they got

So yall didnt get caught in 2011 either bc ik so many ppl who went there and they told me they had to give up the only win they got

Well idk who you know who told you that, but they don't know what their talking about either. The 11 team went 3-7 with wins over Clinton, Campbell Co, and Halls. Like I said its the 09 team your referring to. And if you dont believe me you can look it up. Go to Tennessee High School Football Database, click on Knox Central. And just for the record, I haven't missed a Central game, Home or Away, since 2004. So if anyone wants to argue any Central football with me, bring your guns loaded!

As for our scrimmage, our Varsity beat Mo West's varsity 24-0. Offense performed really well and our defense was night and day difference from last year. Two of our starting OL didnt play tonight due to small inj's but will be ready for the season opener. I can't wait til the season starts! GO BOBCATS!

As for our scrimmage, our Varsity beat Mo West's varsity 24-0. Offense performed really well and our defense was night and day difference from last year. Two of our starting OL didnt play tonight due to small inj's but will be ready for the season opener. I can't wait til the season starts! GO BOBCATS!
Sounds like they played well. Powell did okay at their 4 team scrimmage at Bradley Central. Defense looked great, offense still needs some work.

I'm afraid Central is going to walk the dog on Jefferson County in the season opener. We will be lucky to win two games this year.

Jamboree at CHS Thursday at 7. Tix are 10 at gate. I got mine in advance so they were 8 :)

I'm afraid Central is going to walk the dog on Jefferson County in the season opener. We will be lucky to win two games this year.

If yall struggled against Loudon, you mite be in a little trouble. All I'm saying to everybody is DONT expect to see the same Central team you played last year. This a complete turnaround, and it all boils down to the fact that our kids have a top notch coach now. Our kids have been worked and have worked EXTREMELY hard. They have bought in to these new coaches and what they want to do in all phases. The kids also RESPECT these coaches and that is a BIG key. Central hits in practice now like they used to and while it has brought us some Injuries, it has taught our kids how to tackle again and it really showed vs Mo West. Our kids might be undersized in some areas but their toughness stands above their stature. Our kids are also smarter from being students of the game and will help us. When you play the Central Bobcats this year, you better come ready to work.

..but dont worry my school team lame too so lets go Bearden

As in the Bearden team that South Doyle beat 41-0 in two quarters on Friday night?

I see Central taking some really positive steps this year. Good young head coach, solid staff.

Keeping in zone players at Central is the biggest challenge for that program right now. Do that and they can get better in a hurry.

As in the Bearden team that South Doyle beat 41-0 in two quarters on Friday night?

I see Central taking some really positive steps this year. Good young head coach, solid staff.

Keeping in zone players at Central is the biggest challenge for that program right now. Do that and they can get better in a hurry.

Thumper is correct. However, I believe the Zoning issue hurt Helton's last few years more then the last couple. The last 3 years, Central has been plagued by bad COACHING. Only 2 coaches off last years staff were retained by Rosser and that tells a story. Unlike the previous staff, this new staff is energetic and wants these kids to work hard for themselves. They are expected to prepare themselves on " Active Rest" days, which includes different things, for the upcoming week. Our kids are conditioned VERY hard so that way they don't tire out late in games. Rosser and the rest of the coaches have also installed a variety of different plays on Offense and defense, unlike the last couple of years in which we ran about 20 offensive plays( ALL IN SHOTGUN) and a different Defense every year. You can't build Team chemistry when you do these things. We wish the old staff well in their futures, but lets just say the Central community is VERY thankful and happy to have this new staff :clapping:

I guess some of yall are tired of hearing me talk Central up, but when you've seen a school that was dominant(except vs Maryville) for years fall on the times we have, you can't help but be excited for change. I hate to point fingers, but I only speak the truth about the way our program has been here lately. This is the most excited Ive been for Central football in a long time and I believe that success isn't far off.

I guess some of yall are tired of hearing me talk Central up, but when you've seen a school that was dominant(except vs Maryville) for years fall on the times we have, you can't help but be excited for change. I hate to point fingers, but I only speak the truth about the way our program has been here lately. This is the most excited Ive been for Central football in a long time and I believe that success isn't far off.

No apology necessary. I hope Powell turns it around this year. I like the direction Allen is taking us, but it may be a work in progress this season. Defense looks really good but the offense still needs some work. Plus, we have a tough schedule. Nothing like starting the season with Fulton and a tough CAK before we get to enact revenge on Kilgore at Karns.

I watched the preview on Central and was impressed with Rosser. You can tell he knows what he's doing and Central will be a disciplined and tough team this year. With the talent you have and now good coaching, I think you guys are definitely on the way back.

Indeed Jps, I thank you for the vote of confidence. I look foward to seeing how Powell does as well. Idk How well that Wing-t is gona work in yr 1, but over time it will become a well oiled machine that will grind you 3-4 yards a carry. As for my Bobcats, we look to tonight to our 1 qtr battle with Webb.

After a great showing in the jambroee vs Webb, Central begins week 0 with its bye week............... But not really. There are no off days for Central football as we go down to scrimmage South Doyle on thursday. This will be an EXTREMELY tough test for our Bobcats. South Doyle boasts one of the top backfileds in the area in QB Brody Rollins, RB Malik Lundy and RB and Tn Commit Joc Bruce. Some of our starters will not play as we nurse inj's but this will be a tall task for our younger guys. Go Bobcats!

Has Central been good since Helton was there?

To answer your question with more accuracy, Central has been down for awhile including Helton's last couple of years. Central did make the playoffs 2 years ago at 6-4, but lost to a good Powell team in the first round. One of the main reasons for Central's downswing came with the re-zoning a couple of years ago. Alot of the kids we used to get now go to Fulton, Powell, Gibbs, etc. Another reason is the last coaching staff we had. After Helton was forced out, alot of old Central supporters and family's got mad and left. No one in Hassell's 3 yrs there supported him and the staff because of A. How the Helton thing went down and B. Alot of people didn't think he knew how to coach. He switched up and ran 3 DIFFERENT offense's in 3 weeks! Ive never heard of anybody doing that except him. Bottom line is this, Yes Central has been down and some of the last few teams have under achieved. But now, the old staff and principles who ran Coach Helton off are gone. A new dawn has risen and its in the form of Bryson Rosser. He is building this program back up and honoring the past tradition Central has had, unlike Hassell. Central is on its way back.

As for our scrimmage, Final varsity score was S-D 21 Central-7. Joc Bruce scored 2 tds and QB Brody Rollins ran in the third. For Central, RB Jeremiah Howard scored the lone Td on the opening drive. Coach Rosser rested most of our starters after the first half to help prevent Inj's and bulid on depth in positions. Even if we had left our starters in I dont think we would have won. S-D is REALLY GOOD and I expect them to make a deep playoff run. Next week, Central opens its season at Jeff County. We look foward to getting off to a good start and maybe some revenge from last year. Go Bobcats!

I was honestly shocked to see a thread on Central here. Lol. I went to Central, and it's funny to see this.

VN Store

Back