Allen (Tx) High School's New $60m Stadium Closing

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
Due to extensive cracking in upper decks.

Cracks force closure of $60M Texas HS stadium - Washington Times

Built in 2012 as part of a $120 million bond issue, Eagle Stadium seats 18,000 people and sports a 38-foot-wide video board. Eagle Stadium’s opening was a moment of triumph for the community of Allen, a fast-growing Dallas suburb that has become home to a high school football powerhouse. The Eagles won the Class 5A Division I state championship last year.

There is no good reason all that should be happening this soon. Someone took a lot of short cuts while it was being constructed it appears.

There is no good reason all that should be happening this soon. Someone took a lot of short cuts while it was being constructed it appears.

There is no good reason a high school should have that nice of a stadium imo, but I used to live in TX and understand what high school football is like there.

AW5P9645RTS11inch_original_crop_650x440.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
There is no good reason a high school should have that nice of a stadium imo, but I used to live in TX and understand what high school football is like there.

AW5P9645RTS11inch_original_crop_650x440.jpg

+1
Played high school football in Texas, it's everything you've heard

Last edited:
Katy ISD releases renderings showing $58 million football...

The new stadium was part of a $748 million school bond package that was approved by voters last November.

Directory

Katy ISD will be opening two new High Schools next school year for a total of 12. They expect to open another 10-15 within the next twenty years.

Edit: Katy ISD football stadium price tag rises again - Houston Chronicle

The construction cost for the Katy Independent School District's second football stadium has risen again, meaning the project will cost about $4.5 million more than the $58 million that voters approved for it in 2014.

Funding for the changes will come from 2010 bond infrastructure funds, not from the district's 2014 bond, which totaled more than $748 million and included the stadium cost, according to Peter McElwain, KISD's architect.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back