It's Baseball Time in Tennessee!

theroyz71

High school baseball time is here. My son is a freshman on the Jefferson County squad. He's a catcher and an outfielder. I just hope we can be competitive this year since we don't have any seniors and we have a new coaching staff this year. I just hope we are competitive this year. We have our first scrimmage today against Grace Christian Academy.

Anyone else have a kid that plays high school baseball?

I'm am hopefull that Central baseball can finally get back on track this year. There is ALOT of talent up there and it has puzzled me why these last couple of years have been so difficult. Hopefully new coach Matt Bird can get them back to being competitive. Go Bobcats

High school baseball time is here. My son is a freshman on the Jefferson County squad. He's a catcher and an outfielder. I just hope we can be competitive this year since we don't have any seniors and we have a new coaching staff this year. I just hope we are competitive this year. We have our first scrimmage today against Grace Christian Academy.

Anyone else have a kid that plays high school baseball?

We have your old coach, Josh Warner. Assisted by former SCHS Bears head coach, Lance Traywick.

My son is a Sophomore at Gatlinburg Pittman coming off the bench playing 2nd & 3rd.

We've got a new field, new training facilities, and a new attitude. We've already seen big improvement during our first scrimmages. Not sure what it will translate to as far as wins & losses but they pass the eye test. We're improving and I'll take that.

We have your old coach, Josh Warner. Assisted by former SCHS Bears head coach, Lance Traywick.

My son is a Sophomore at Gatlinburg Pittman coming off the bench playing 2nd & 3rd.

We've got a new field, new training facilities, and a new attitude. We've already seen big improvement during our first scrimmages. Not sure what it will translate to as far as wins & losses but they pass the eye test. We're improving and I'll take that.

I umpired HS baseball in the Knoxville area before I moved to Maryland. Did several games at Sevier County; Coach Traywick was one of the better coaches to work a game for.

Reactions: 1 person

He's a good coach. I hated to see him leave. My son is starting in right field against Seymour on Monday. We have a couple of guys still playing basketball so he better take advantage of the playing time.

Good luck this season.

Well, after two games we are 1-1. We got our brains beat in by Seymour 20-1 on opening day but we managed to come back and beat them 2-1 at their place on Tuesday. My son started (and finished) both games in right field. My son is catching tomorrow night when we play at Halls.

Well, after two games we are 1-1. We got our brains beat in by Seymour 20-1 on opening day but we managed to come back and beat them 2-1 at their place on Tuesday. My son started (and finished) both games in right field. My son is catching tomorrow night when we play at Halls.

Good start for you!

GP is 2-1 with wins against Sullivan North & Cosby and a loss to Cocke Co. Junior has only seen pinch running duty so far. I'm not sure how the official scoring went but I have him: 2 steals in 2 attempts and 2 runs scored.

Opening district play today against Fulton. (weather permitting)

We beat Daniel Boone 9-4 tonight. We are 6-2 overall. Jonathan has started every game so far. He is the starting catcher now. He is struggling at the plate a little but that is to be expected for a freshman. He got his first hit on Tuesday night against Morristown East.

It was a 2 run home run. :dance2::dance2::dance2:

We've been through a rocky spell with losses to Fulton, Greenbriar and Union. We lost 1 Senior pitcher b4 the season started now we have our other Senior pitcher dinged up and day to day.

They are moving my son to pitcher. Coach says he has a nice sidearm/submarine delivery. Looks pretty nasty to me. Hope he can contribute but he has never pitched and has only worked out on the mound 4 days.

Looking for him to make his pitching debut soon. :crossfingers:

Good luck to your son rev. We don't have any seniors at all. We have freshmen pitching non-conference (non-district) games. We got beat by Morristown West 5-0 Monday night. We play them again tomorrow night. We are now 6-3 overall.

This is Spring Baseball in East Tennessee!

Game at Union Co. stopped in the 2nd with no score. Fun road trip!!

Attachments

• 20140325_173209[1].jpg
    20140325_173209[1].jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people
We got our butts kicked by Morristown West 11-0 tonight. We are 6-4 overall and 3-4 in conference.

Rough week. We've lost 5 in a row. Hope we can get back on track but it isn't looking good. We are supposed to play Science Hill today (if we don't get rained out) and then we play Sevier County next week.

After a tough March, we are on a 7 game win streak heading into a big game this evening at Fulton. We need revenge for a 4-3 loss earlier in the season.

We are now 10-8 overall and 2-4 in the district. If we could pull of a win it could put us into 3rd place depending on what Union Co. does.

Go Highlanders!

We lost again last night. We are 8-12 overall and 4-8 in conference play. Tonight's game vs Cherokee was postponed until tomorrow night.

3AA District Tourny opens today @ Pigeon Forge High.

GP Highlanders (15-12 overall and 2-6 district)

face off against

Fulton Falcons (8-12 overall & 4-6 district)

Good luck. Our district tourney starts tomorrow night. We are the 6th seed and we play South Doyle.

Lost to South Doyle last night 3-2 in the first round of the district tournament. We play Cocke County today at noon. Winner plays the loser of the South Doyle vs Morristown West game and the loser goes home.

We were 2 & done.

Lost another 1 run game to Fulton. That's 3 1-run losses to them this season.

Union eliminated us the next day, when Samuel Cooper pitched a no hitter. 2 BB away from a perfect game. Congrats to him!

Glad to have a rest but already looking forward to summer ball. :rock:

Same here rev. We got put out by Cocke County on the second day. Our defense played poorly and we aren't good enough to overcome errors. I am looking forward to summer ball as well. I think our first games (doubleheader) are the 27th.

For now, I am enjoying spring football practice. We scrimmage Elizabethton on Thursday.

Btw, I'm pretty sure one of our kids is transferring to GP next year. I hear he's been seen hanging out in your dugout.

Last edited:
Btw, I'm pretty sure one of our kids is transferring to GP next year. I hear he's been seen hanging out in your dugout.

I know the kid you're talking about. Primarily plays catcher and is recovering from surgery. I introduced myself to he and his dad at our last game. Seemed like good folks. His dad was high on Coach Warner.

That's him. He may have started over my son this year had his shoulder been healthy. He has a pretty good bat and a strong arm.

Did you know that Warner applied for the Morristown West job? He didn't get it but I would be concerned that he is applying for other jobs after one year.

Did you know that Warner applied for the Morristown West job? He didn't get it but I would be concerned that he is applying for other jobs after one year.

Just wanted to give you a :thumbsup: for the good info.

As of today, Gatlinburg Pittman is in search of a new head baseball coach.

Go Highlanders!

VN Store

Back