New Coach at Knox Central

BigO69

Bryson Rosser named new Head Coach at Knox Central. I will have more info on him shortly.

Last edited:
He coached at Oak Ridge from 09-11 and then went on to be the Offensive Coordinator at his alma mater Hackensack High in New Jersey. He played QB at Tennessee State.

So he doesn't have any HC experience? What is the consensus on the hire?

The consensus among us Central ppl is that this is a great hire. Considering that it came down to him and the Gray guy, who I was told was an assistant at Halls last yr, this was the better hire. What's really interesting is that just about a week ago, I was told Rosser had pulled out of the search. If this truly did happen, I want to know how our AD persuaded him to reconsider? Who knows but I can tell you all that we'll be running the Spread, with a focus on a power running game. Can anyone say Auburn? Haha

The consensus among us Central ppl is that this is a great hire. Considering that it came down to him and the Gray guy, who I was told was an assistant at Halls last yr, this was the better hire. What's really interesting is that just about a week ago, I was told Rosser had pulled out of the search. If this truly did happen, I want to know how our AD persuaded him to reconsider? Who knows but I can tell you all that we'll be running the Spread, with a focus on a power running game. Can anyone say Auburn? Haha

So little to go on to call this a great hire. Time will tell. I do like the hire.

So little to go on to call this a great hire. Time will tell. I do like the hire.

I'm just saying it was a great hire based on the candidate list after McMillan went to Carter. Your right tho, time will tell if it truly is a great hire.

I never thought the HC position for Football was a big deal. Then again I was there during Helton's reign.

Countdown til football season has begun and anticipation of the Bryson Rosser era at Central is high in Fountain City. He has worked the kids extremely hard this offseason during the Spring and Summer workouts. He has brought an intelligent and VERY energetic staff with him. I first was told he was going to run the Spread. After seeing the formations and the spring game, the best way I can describe his offense is Multiple. He has a wide variety of plays and formations which is an exciting change from what we had. Central's Offense is expected to be strong this season, despite losing JaJuan Stintson and Josh Poplar. Key players to watch for are QB Austin Kirby, RB/DB Jerimiah Howard, WR/DB Cedric Washington, OL/DL Ethan Dane. There are changes on the Defensive side and that brings questions. This weekend, Central is participating in the annual Maryville Coll Passing league. This will be a great time to work with our LB's and DB's. Like I said, anticipation for the upcomming season is high. Hopefully, Coach Rosser is the right choice to getting Central back to being dominate again. Go Bobcats!

Reactions: 2 people
Jeff County will be there Saturday too. My son is a QB/DB. He's a rising sophomore.

Jeff County will be there Saturday too. My son is a QB/DB. He's a rising sophomore.

Ah indeed, I mite seek over and watch yall a lil bit. We'll be comming up to your place first game this year. I will tell you tho, the team you will see this year is day/night difference from last years Central team. I thought we should have beat yall last year, but we were out-coached and couldn't tackle. Yall's QB and RB were beasts but outside of them, your Offense was very mellow. Our kids weren't coached up for that game and yall pounded us with your QB( Very smart on your coach's part). Im not familiar with how your roster is gona shape up for this season or how yall are projected. Could you fill me in? I do wish luck to your son and Jeff County..... Just not the first game:).

I wish I knew. We have a new offensive coordinator and QB coach this season. We will also have a new QB and new RB. I saw a few spring practices but were just starting to install the offense. I have heard that will will throw the ball more but I will believe that when I see it.

As far as projections go, I have no idea where we are picked to finish in the conference. Time will tell.

FYI, my son will be #17.

I've been told that Central plays Bell County KY who is always a powerhouse in KY. We also play Livingston Academy, Lenior City and somebody else. I expect to see a good showing from us. We return our QB Kirby who had one of the best passing seasons in school history last yr. We also have all of his top targets back at WR, some to note are Cebric Washington, Lyndon Wilson and our RB Howard who caught a lot of passes yr. I could really see Central passing a lot more this year even though historically we're a running team. I look forward to seeing how we do on Saturday. Do you know who Jeff County plays?

Last edited:
I had to look up the schedule online. We play Central, South Doyle, Greeneville, Seymour, William Blount, Cocke County, Morristown West, Cherokee, Sevier County, and Morristown East in that order.

We hosted Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, and Tennessee High in 7 on 7 scrimmages tonight. We did ok but we have a lot of work to do. We have to play better in the secondary.

Jonathan threw the ball well tonight despite throwing two picks. He threw a long touchdown pass against DB. He seems to be getting some positive feedback from his coaches.

Do you know who is in your bracket on Saturday?

BTW, a friend of ours was an assistant at Central last year. Jason West. I think he is coaching at Farragut now.

Last edited:
The teams I mentioned above are who we play on Saturday. We play Bell County, Livingston Aca, Lenior City and Hardin Valley starting at 1 o'clock. Our tough games for this years schedule are at Powell, vs Fulton and at Oak Ridge. Outside these 3 and possibly Jeff County, the rest of our schedule isnt that hard.

We play in the morning. I think our bracket includes Maryville and Alcoa but I don't know who else.

How'd you guys do today?

We scrimmaged Maryville, Cookeville, Pigeon Forge, and Alcoa. Jonathan had an interception at CB against PF and threw a touchdown against Alcoa.

How'd you guys do today?

We scrimmaged Maryville, Cookeville, Pigeon Forge, and Alcoa. Jonathan had an interception at CB against PF and threw a touchdown against Alcoa.

Sorry for the late post, we did well also. We played Livingston Aca, Seymour, Bell County KY and TN High. We won every gm except Tn High. Our QB look really good as did our WR's. As for my cousin, he didnt play much but hes a backup anyway.

VN Store

Back