Joel Helton

orangefloyd

Per a family member coach Helton is suffering from liver cancer. Request prayers for this much loved and respected man. I do not know his prognosis. Thank you.

Reactions: 3 people
Per a family member coach Helton is suffering from liver cancer. Request prayers for this much loved and respected man. I do not know his prognosis. Thank you.

As a friend of and a former student under Coach Helton, my prayers are with the entire Helton family. He is a great man and one of the best coaches ever in the State. Ive said this before and ill say it again, "No matter who gets hired up at Central, there will NEVER be a greater coach up there than Joel Helton."

Reactions: 3 people

prayer.gif

Received & Delivered!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Prayers offered up - sorry to hear this. While I don't know him personally, he is certainly well known in the Knoxville community and has done a ton for the kids and students he has touched.

Reactions: 1 person
The last that I had been told, the prognosis was at the most ~6 months left and that was 2-3 months ago. I grew up around Joel by playing ball with his son and this news certainly was sad to hear.

will be praying for him and family....will pass it along to my church family. God please help them find comfort in you in these difficult times.

My son was a teacher at Central & related the story about Coach Helton lying in an ambulance during a game with Maryville. He was recovering from a heart attack & was wearing headphones to communicate with assistants. He was truly dedicated to his job. Prayers with him during a difficult time.

Just got an urgent prayer request from Coach Heltons brother. Coach has taken a turn. Please pray for the family. Will update when I can.

Hate to hear it for him and his family. I never played for him or went to school there, but he was sure a good coach. Felt like he got a raw deal there a few years back.

Coach Heltons brother has again requested prayer for Joel. Joel is set to be inducted into the Knoxville sports hall of fame 24th of July. Would be nice to see him there.

image.jpg The family of coach Helton has requested urgent prayers on coaches behalf. Keep fighting coach!

Last edited:
View attachment 89170 The family of coach Helton has requested urgent prayers on coaches behalf. Keep fighting coach!

Yep. Got the same message from a close friend of Joel's this morning. Prayers for he and the family are being asked for.

I had the good fortune of having Coach Helton on my Saturday morning show the last Saturday in August. One of the best hours of radio for me personally - ever. Truly one of the great high school football coaches in this state's history.

Reactions: 2 people
Had Coach Helton as my soccer coach in high school. I still remember him making us do football drills. Good guy.

Coach is in ICU at UT hosp. His brother Ronnie asks that we keep praying for him. I dont know anything else. Hes still fighting.

Coach is a winner. No way he is going down without a fight. Thanks for the info ORANGEFLOYD! Up here in Jefferson County we dont get most of the back home news. Even though only like 25-30 miles away.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Please share this VN and see if we can get some cards and notes out to coach to cheer him up.

Last edited:
Coach Helton got to go home today per brother Ronnie. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

The Helton family needs lots of prayers. Joel is the late stages of his illness, his brother Jerry (Todds Dad) is in the hospital in Philly and is critical and their mother is in the hospital here. The family asks for our prayers. They have been through it lately. Please remember them friends.

The Helton family needs lots of prayers. Joel is the late stages of his illness, his brother Jerry (Todds Dad) is in the hospital in Philly and is critical and their mother is in the hospital here. The family asks for our prayers. They have been through it lately. Please remember them friends.

I learned this morning that Jerry passed away yesterday.

You are correct - the Helton family has endured a lot recently. Continued prayers and support are needed for them.

Visited with coach this week and he is still putting up a good fight. His wife says many friends, players,and coaches have been stopping by to help out. He likes having visitors and and Mrs. Helton says all are welcome. So all you old Bobcats out there drop by say hello he would like that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back