DII-AA Ensworth (11-1) vs. Memphis University School (11-2)

I'm surprised at this game. Ensworth is not looking like they have this season. Maybe MUS is causing it, but they seem to be playing ehh.

Fans number in the dozens at this big game. Miserable night to be outdoors. I watch t.v.

Wow what a quick turn of events.

The crowd is pathetic. I went to a local high school game at techs field due to rain and it was pouring the whole game. We had the stands on both sides 75% full. Private type schools don't have the fan support.

Reactions: 1 person
Ensworth scores 3 TD's to start the first 4 minutes of the 4th quarter. 21-10 Tigers.

Tomorrow and Saturday watch the Giles and Trousdale games. Fan support is incredible.

How so? As I said before it's a problem with privates. When we go to away games we always out number their home fans.

because its 2 hrs from the 2nd largest population area in the state and 5 hrs from the largest, which leads to no walkup crowd. I used to go with other dads and take our sons. People from Memphis would come up to Nashville and make a weekend out of it. As would E tn people.
Tn Tech is out of the way and a bad place to have the games. Eastern regional would be fine, but not the state.

because its 2 hrs from the 2nd largest population area in the state and 5 hrs from the largest, which leads to no walkup crowd. I used to go with other dads and take our sons. People from Memphis would come up to Nashville and make a weekend out of it. As would E tn people.
Tn Tech is out of the way and a bad place to have the games. Eastern regional would be fine, but not the state.

Would be cool if they moved it around every year. Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville etc.

I think they should have it at the Titan's field while the Titans are away for the weekend. Would draw many more people to see some of these outstanding players.

I think they should have it at the Titan's field while the Titans are away for the weekend. Would draw many more people to see some of these outstanding players.

I like that it's in cookeville because it's close to me, but if it was in Jackson I'd be pissed

Wow what a quick turn of events.

The crowd is pathetic. I went to a local high school game at techs field due to rain and it was pouring the whole game. We had the stands on both sides 75% full. Private type schools don't have the fan support.
Not sure if you've been to Tech before, but there are huge stands on both sides of the stadium and we obviously only saw one side. Being small schools, I'm not surprised the crowds are sparse especially on a crappy day.

When I went to the games in 2010, both sides of the stands were packed for the 3A and 5A games.

VN Store

Back