Knoxville Teams vs. The Rest of the State

Even a person that doesn't know a football from a waterfall can see TKJr is a natural athlete. :yes: :rock:

:good!:Get that whole damn class in uniform, but first dotted line you know what I mean.

West up 21-20 over Henry County 5:23 left in the 3rd qtr

Wow, what a game.

Knoxville - 2
Everybody Else - 1

Henry County wins another close title game. Eerily similar to the Powell Henry County game 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
That was a great game. Proud of my West.
State Runner up
Ba2yC2bCQAA0xfy.jpg:large

Last edited:
That was a great game. Proud of my West.
State Runner up

West should have run the ball at the end. They did not run the ball on the last two series except for QB scrambles. They had time to run it. Especially as fast as Cottrell is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
West should have run the ball at the end. They did not throw one pass the last two series. They had time to run it. Especially as fast as Cottrell is.

You are 100% right, I wish they would have.

Great game! Props to West, great speed for sure, but so proud of my alum HCHS!
2 titles in 3 years, Roll Red Roll!

Last year. 1a middle tn, 2a middle tn, 5a middle tn, 6a west, division 2aa middle.

They are having a great year out east, but it's not like a continued reign of dominance.

Congrats to Union City from Henry County! We like keeping our titles west of Nashville ;)

You should, since West Tennessee titles are not the norm. Union City winning a title must be the biggest event in that area since neighboring "Good Ol' Boy McWherter" won the governor's race.

You should, since West Tennessee titles are not the norm. Union City winning a title must be the biggest event in that area since neighboring "Good Ol' Boy McWherter" won the governor's race.

That's funny considering Union City's last title was in 2009.

Actually, in 1a ball (union city) I went back past 06 and still haven't seen an east team with a title. He has a valid argument in his own classification.

Last edited:
Actually, in 1a ball (union city) I went back past 06 and still haven't seen an east team with a title. He has a valid argument in his own classification.

I think that East Tennessee only has 14 of the 41 1A football schools, and I believe that 6 of those 14 are in two of the 34 ET counties, so the numbers are not conducive to most E.T. 1A schools winning a title. Also, of those 14 schools, most are not going to win a title for several reasons, making the odds even greater against E.T. winning a 1A title.

Last edited:

I cant speak for how big it was for union city, they won it, they deserve it.
I can say that for Henry Co its huge, as it should be! 2 titles in last 3 years, we're excited for those kids, they've earned it.

Knoxville - 3
Everybody Else - 1

4 down, 1 to go. Great job Fulton. What a great season, breaking the record for most points in a season.

VN Store

Back