Blackman headed to Maryville

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Maryville won and Blackman defeated previously undefeated Oakland 17-3. Coach Shadowens won at Maryville years ago when he was at Smyrna.

George Quarles knows absolutely nothing about what he is doing as a football coach. lol.

Murvil rolls.
Oakland would have been a tougher match up for the Evil Empire.

How do you know?

In the first match up, Blackman turned the ball over 3 times with 6 minutes remaining to lose 9-3.

In this game, Blackman's defense totally dominated Oakland.

I, admittedly , know nothing about Maryville. However, I have been to most of Blackman's practices and games (son played on Freshman team). Blackman is good, real good.

Jennings isn't the only D1 player on this team. Blackman will come to play.

How do you know?

In the first match up, Blackman turned the ball over 3 times with 6 minutes remaining to lose 9-3.

In this game, Blackman's defense totally dominated Oakland.

I, admittedly , know nothing about Maryville. However, I have been to most of Blackman's practices and games (son played on Freshman team). Blackman is good, real good.

Jennings isn't the only D1 player on this team. Blackman will come to play.

There is a reason Maryville has only lost 15 game since Coach Q had been up there. He will find a way to put points on the board. I will go ahead and tell you Maryville will score points on Blackman.

There is a reason Maryville has only lost 15 game since Coach Q had been up there. He will find a way to put points on the board. I will go ahead and tell you Maryville will score points on Blackman.

Not saying they won't. But if you think Blackman is going to show up and roll over, you are thinking wrong. This team is for real.

My post was referring to Oakland being a tougher match up.

Not saying they won't. But if you think Blackman is going to show up and roll over, you are thinking wrong. This team is for real.

My post was referring to Oakland being a tougher match up.

I'm sure it will be a good game. I don't know much about Blackman but if they beat Oakland I would say they are pretty good.

I'm sure it will be a good game. I don't know much about Blackman but if they beat Oakland I would say they are pretty good.

Blackman had 350 yards rushing against Oakland who came into the game only giving up 68 yards/game on the ground and had not allowed a 100 yard rusher all year. Blackman had #22 Notgrass 175 yards and #24 Davidson 99 yards.

I'll be there next week. Huge game. Maryville will be a tough game but Blackman has been playing tough competition all year. Looking forward to this one.

How do you know?
I, admittedly , know nothing about Maryville.
When your boy Kreager wants inside info on Murvil who do you think he calls??
Look, all you 7AAA guys spout all year long how that district is the "SEC of HS football", it is more like the Big10.
Only one team has been to the finals since Murvil came to 6A and that was simply because Smyrna wound up in the Western half of the bracket one year.
And they lost.
Nothing has changed this year. The Rebels roll and they are relatively young so if you (7AAA) don't get them Friday, you're not going to get them any time soon.

When your boy Kreager wants inside info on Murvil who do you think he calls??
Look, all you 7AAA guys spout all year long how that district is the "SEC of HS football", it is more like the Big10.
Only one team has been to the finals since Murvil came to 6A and that was simply because Smyrna wound up in the Western half of the bracket one year.
And they lost.
Nothing has changed this year. The Rebels roll and they are relatively young so if you (7AAA) don't get them Friday, you're not going to get them any time soon.

I'm not spouting anything. You said Oakland would have been a better match up and I want to know why you think that. Oakland and Blackman are about as equal as you could get.

Maryville is 4-0 (assuming I counted correctly) against the Oakland/Blackman/Smyrna region since moving to the top division. I had a few college friends from the Murfreesboro area who told me that Maryville would be "just another good team" if they played in that region and that they wouldnt be that great once they moved up. Clearly that hasn't been the case.

Should be a good game. I think being at home would be a pretty big benefit for Maryville depending on how well Blackman travels

I love how these teams are always supposed to be better than Maryville. That's all I'm gonna say.

Heading to Maryville! Bout to "Blaze" it up like Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering.

VN Store

Back