Next Coach at Knox Central?

BigO69

I am curious to ask what You all think on the Central opening? For those who don't know, Joe Hassell was terminated for basically not producing a playoff team this year with a pretty talented roster, Including 3 monster RB's and a QB that had the 2nd best passing season in school history as a Sophmore. Who do you think the next Coach will be?

Im a Central Alumni and am curious too. Gruden I hope!!

As am I. I just pray that these new principles get this hire right, unlike the previous administration with Hassell. I know Lambert tho, and I think he'll get a big time hire.

I don't know of who they get. I do hope its not a triple option minded. I like the wide open stuff.

Tobi Kilgore ;)

Haha, I feel you tho Jps. If yall can just wether the storm down there, it'll all work out. Kilgore did ok this year, but you could see some of his coaching flaws I warned you of. He mite work out for yall, maybe not. I just think that our AD Lambert knows how me and most of the Central community desperately want our football program back to it once was. We've always been a top team in our Div until just recently and we need a BIG hire to rejuvenate our school and our community. Like I said to all of you out there, Shoot out some names( and try to be Serious ).:good!:

I personally would go see if the top offensive assistant at Maryville will listen. We know George Quarles calls the plays but maybe his assistant has picked up some philosophys. Also you know CGQ would mentor his long time friend if he needed to call for advice. CGQ seems genuine.

Central is a proud program with great tradition and great potential. Call up Matt Lowe. Either that or make the Campell County boys an offer they can't resist.

Hawkins would be a solid hire. He knows the district very well and can flat out coach.

I actually agree. You know there might not be the most D-1 players from East Tennessee annually, but I think there are some fantastic football coaches in this area. Guys that would really shine if they got with the right program. It would be interesting to see a few coaches from out east coach a program that has access to multiple D-1 players per year like in Georgia. I think a few of them would do surprisingly well.

Central is a proud program with great tradition and great potential. Call up Matt Lowe. Either that or make the Campell County boys an offer they can't resist.

The news here said the Price boys from Campbell County already received three phone calls all from Knox County area high schools.

The news here said the Price boys from Campbell County already received three phone calls all from Knox County area high schools.

Yeah I told my wife a couple of years ago that those boys were gonna do big things back when they were coordinators. I could see those boys making it to the college level as position coaches or coordinators. I'm not saying elite college football. It's impossjble to say. But they're fabulous coaches and they're really young in age. They will go places.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm assuming he's talking about Hawkins who was Powell's d-coordinator and quit this year because he got passed up for the HC job - AGAIN.

He's a fantastic coach and should be the HC at Powell. He's a defensive genius and is great with the kids. That would be a great hire.

I'm assuming he's talking about Hawkins who was Powell's d-coordinator and quit this year because he got passed up for the HC job - AGAIN.

He's a fantastic coach and should be the HC at Powell. He's a defensive genius and is great with the kids. That would be a great hire.

Yeah, Powell's D the past few years have been really good. They were always extremely fast as far as team speed, took great angles, and the entire team would fly to the ball.

Watching Powell's defensive teams the past few years, I can agree that he can coach defense and Im sure he would be a good head coach. However, right now IDK if hes what Central needs. Central needs a homerun hire. After this last staff and how the community never really rallied around them, IDK if we can afford to take a chance on a another Assistant. To be honest, I think the best hire possible for us is an assistant currently and hes VERY CLOSE.:good!:

Watching Powell's defensive teams the past few years, I can agree that he can coach defense and Im sure he would be a good head coach. However, right now IDK if hes what Central needs. Central needs a homerun hire. After this last staff and how the community never really rallied around them, IDK if we can afford to take a chance on a another Assistant. To be honest, I think the best hire possible for us is an assistant currently and hes VERY CLOSE.:good!:

Maybe down Broadway a few miles?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back