TN High School Playoffs

The Fulton/Sullivan South and Elizabethton/Greeneville games should be good matchups in the 2nd round. Elizabethton used to play the Green Devils years ago. GO CYCLONES! Sullivan South will play good against Fulton. The winners of those two games will be good matchups. Hope it's the Cyclones beating the Green Devils and don't care who the matchup is. The top 4-6 teams should have been in different brackets and not face each other until the final 2 rounds.

Based on the pairings looks like it's set up by region.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The Fulton/Sullivan South and Elizabethton/Greeneville games should be good matchups in the 2nd round. Elizabethton used to play the Green Devils years ago. GO CYCLONES! Sullivan South will play good against Fulton. The winners of those two games will be good matchups. Hope it's the Cyclones beating the Green Devils and don't care who the matchup is. The top 4-6 teams should have been in different brackets and not face each other until the final 2 rounds.

Sullivan South better worry about Carter first. Just because Fulton blew them out doesn't mean their not a good team.

Middle Tn teams will knock each other out by the 3rd round.

How is Blackman a 3 seed?

In 4A one side of the bracket has Fulton (10-0) Greeneville (10-0) Carter (9-1) Sullivan South (9-1) Elizabethton (9-1)

The other side has 2 teams at 9-1.

Going to watch my alma mater Overton play this Friday night for the first time in 19 years.

Sullivan South will get murdered by Fulton.

Sullivan South will get murdered by Fulton.

Every week people think their teams will give Fulton a good game. A good game against this bunch still gets you beat by 40 points. It wouldn't surprise me if Fulton's playing Carter again next week. Carter has a good team and they have some athletes that could play for anyone.

Any predictions on the Greeneville/Elizabethton game?

I looked at the Green Devils schedule and it doesn't look as tough as the Cyclones schedule. The Cyclones played one class 6A team in Science Hill and lost by 5. Don't thnk the Green Devils would do as good as the Cyclones with the same schedule.
"Betsy High" used to play Greeneville years ago when they were members of the Big 7 conference. I'm sure Elizabethton could go undefeated with Greeneville's schedule.

Last edited:
Anyone with info on Clarksville NE I sure would appreciate. My son and the falcons have them in 1st round.

Anyone with info on Clarksville NE I sure would appreciate. My son and the falcons have them in 1st round.

The only thing I see is that they lost to Henry County by 4 on the road. Henry County is the #1 seat in the other bracket. But I'm in East TN and haven't seen either team play. You can go to MaxPreps and look at schedules and results.

The only thing I see is that they lost to Henry County by 4 on the road. Henry County is the #1 seat in the other bracket. But I'm in East TN and haven't seen either team play. You can go to MaxPreps and look at schedules and results.

Thanks but was looking for a little more than scores and record . What offense and defenses they run, solid run game can't throw a lick that kinda info but thanks anyway.

From a northeast TN point of view:

6A
Only Science Hill gets past the first round. Then Sevier County takes them out.

5A
Nothing to see here...

4A
I would love to see a Cyclone/Greene Devil match-up in round 2 of 4A.

How in the... UnIcOi CoUnTy (4-6) is in the playoffs?!?!?

3A
It's not TOO unrealistic to think Chuckey-Doak can make it to the Final 4, is it?

2A
Hate to say it, but if Hampton didn't have a bye, I don't think they'd advance to the 2nd round. The numbers don't show it, but this hasn't been their strongest year.

1A
Cloundland is a threat to go all the way whenever seeded this high.

BTW, is Greenback's nickname the Greenbacks? If not, it should be. :p

I was just checking out some standings and correct me if I'm wrong, but 20-25 years ago weren't Knox-Karns and Knox-Halls some of the better teams in their conferences, if not playoff participants? They finished last this year, while Anderson County and Campbell County were 1 & 2 but 20-25 years ago were some of the worst teams in the state?

From a northeast TN point of view:

6A
Only Science Hill gets past the first round. Then Sevier County takes them out.

5A
Nothing to see here...

4A
I would love to see a Cyclone/Greene Devil match-up in round 2 of 4A.

How in the... UnIcOi CoUnTy (4-6) is in the playoffs?!?!?

3A
It's not TOO unrealistic to think Chuckey-Doak can make it to the Final 4, is it?

2A
Hate to say it, but if Hampton didn't have a bye, I don't think they'd advance to the 2nd round. The numbers don't show it, but this hasn't been their strongest year.

1A
Cloundland is a threat to go all the way whenever seeded this high.

BTW, is Greenback's nickname the Greenbacks? If not, it should be. :p

My kids team went 4-6 in 2a and made the playoffs with a 1st rnd bye.

We won all 4 region games and as region champs automatically make the playoffs.

I like it this way because it allows us to play a harder schedule with out fear of missing the playoffs as long as you take care of the 4 games that matter.

I was just checking out some standings and correct me if I'm wrong, but 20-25 years ago weren't Knox-Karns and Knox-Halls some of the better teams in their conferences, if not playoff participants? They finished last this year, while Anderson County and Campbell County were 1 & 2 but 20-25 years ago were some of the worst teams in the state?

That's correct, but AC and CC have legit teams this year and excellent coaching on both sides.

CC got a tough draw having to play Gibbs, who has improved as the year has gone on, and their option attack is a wild card. A 2nd round matchup against Knox-West could prove to be a tough test before a potential rematch with AC in the 3rd round.

If that game happens (AC/CC), it could be the game of the year in East Tennessee.

Reactions: JohnsonCityVol

VN Store

Back