Fulton

Shaun1985

I don't watch much high school ball but wow! This is one of the best teams I've ever seen on this level. 62-0 in the 1st half against 9-0 Carter. Has anyone else watched them play? I heard a local sports guy tonight say this was one of the most impressive teams he's seen from this area in a long time. Just curious to see what others think

I don't watch much high school ball but wow! This is one of the best teams I've ever seen on this level. 62-0 in the 1st half against 9-0 Carter. Has anyone else watched them play? I heard a local sports guy tonight say this was one of the most impressive teams he's seen from this area in a long time. Just curious to see what others think

The real deal. They are that good.

OP......WTF YO????? Are you trying to scare the VolNation with that thread title :rofl: Not cool man not cool :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Can't remember a better looking team in East Tennessee since I have lived here.

In other East Tennessee news, Science Hill (finally) laid the wood to Dobyns-Bennett tonight. Go Toppers!

Reactions: 1 person

Almost assuredly the most impressive team to ever come out of Knox County, having beaten up on all comers, even 6A and 5A teams, and arguably one of the most impressive, if not the most impressive in the entire state's history, certainly the best since classification play started. Bob Black was quoted as saying his team was talented, pre-season, and that was perhaps the understatement of the year, it scared off Rankin (coward coach?) at Alcoa who likes to beat up on other teams pretty badly.

Ive watched them play a few games this year and id bet they would handle their own against any team in any classification in the country! They are that good!!

Ive watched them play a few games this year and id bet they would handle their own against any team in any classification in the country! They are that good!!

Here's the odd thing about Fulton: most locals think they are better than they are, but others from across the state are underestimating them. Ensworth and Brentwood Academy would beat them IMO, and a matchup with Maryville would be interesting. Other than that, I'm not sure anyone can come close. Too bad we don't have an overall state champion; now that would be cool to see.

Last edited:
Mods, can someone edit the title to show it is the high school and not the player? Thanks!

Here's the odd thing about Fulton: most locals think they are better than they are, but others from across the state are underestimating them. Ensworth and Brentwood Academy would beat them IMO, and a matchup with Maryville would be interesting. Other than that, I'm not sure anyone can come close. Too bad we don't have an overall state champion; now that would be cool to see.

Fulton is that good and I'm sure they would welcome any team that would like to step on the field with them. And the "people" in the area that you refer to must be the area head coaches because nobody wanted anything to do with playing this team. To include the big boys of Blount County. Last night was a message sent out loud and clear to anyone who plays Fulton in the playoffs. Ensworth, Maryville, set them up and Fulton would take em out!!

Oakland should be mentioned with those three.

Fulton likely rolls through playoffs. I think the only two teams that could give them a fight are Greeneville and Pearl Cohn.

Oakland and MBA should be mentioned with those three.

Oakland should be mentioned with those three.

Fulton likely rolls through playoffs. I think the only two teams that could give them a fight are Greeneville and Pearl Cohn.

Greeneville in the Semi's and Pearl Cohn in the Finals.

If it happens, Fulton vs. Greeneville will be the best game of the year. The lowest points in a game the Greene Devils have scored was 41 points. Their closest win was by 27 points

VN Store

Back