Campbell County Upsets Oak Ridge

Monstrous upset. One is an all time cellar dweller. The other a power. Unbelievable. Almost as big as when #1Dobyns Bennett lost to Karns who was awful a few years ago.

The truth is, Campbell County actually is a good team this year. I have been going to their games for 25 years, and this is the first time they are actually good. Oak Ridge scored 7 points on offense, the other was a pick 6. My cousin is the QB for CC, and I am impressed more and more with their play as the year goes by. Campbell County actually dominated Oak Ridge tonight, and I NEVER in my lifetime thought I would say that. It has taken me this long to truly believe. It is a new dawn in our part of the state. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I was at the gm it was sweet to see the Cougars get
The win. By far the best win in school history they have a real good team this yr. What would put the icing on the cake is a TN win tomorrow. GO VOLS &COUGARS!

Campbell County is good. Ranked #9. First time they ever beat Oak Ridge. When I lived in OR we'd beat them by 6 TDs annually.

I was at the gm it was sweet to see the Cougars get
The win. By far the best win in school history they have a real good team this yr. What would put the icing on the cake is a TN win tomorrow. GO VOLS &COUGARS!

I was there too. Couldn't be prouder of the way the Cougars are playing. When I went to school there(80's), and even until the past few years, our "goal" would have been to score against Oak Ridge,(talk about moral victories). :whistling:

Congrats to CC. As a Powell fan I have been worried about them all year. Now I am really worried.

If you're wondering why a Gator fan started this thread, the radio voice of the Campbell County Cougars is a dear friend of mine.

The Price Brothers went back home with a plan and they are apparently working the plan veyr well. Further proof of the importance of coaching in High School sports. Congrats to the Price brothers and good luck to them the rest of the year.

The truth is, Campbell County actually is a good team this year. I have been going to their games for 25 years, and this is the first time they are actually good. Oak Ridge scored 7 points on offense, the other was a pick 6. My cousin is the QB for CC, and I am impressed more and more with their play as the year goes by. Campbell County actually dominated Oak Ridge tonight, and I NEVER in my lifetime thought I would say that. It has taken me this long to truly believe. It is a new dawn in our part of the state. :rock:

He didn't like coming to Gibbs then. Unfortunately, we gave that game to CC last week. Who in their right mind keeps their starting QB as an up back on punt team? Notice how we attacked him every punt and he was on his butt?

He didn't like coming to Gibbs then. Unfortunately, we gave that game to CC last week. Who in their right mind keeps their starting QB as an up back on punt team? Notice how we attacked him every punt and he was on his butt?

Sour grapes, if you ask me. I watched the game and Gibbs didn't give it to them, CC TOOK the game away. The LB for CC ripped the ball away from the Gibbs QB. And took it in for a TD. That's a player making a play when they needed it.

Gibbs' option attack was tough to stop, but CC was clearly the better team.

Knew the Price brothers when I was at Clinton high. Nice to see they stayed in the area and willing to coach up CCCHS.

The kid "ripping" the ball from his hand should have been ruled down. He was fighting for extra yardage...not a bad play on either side. A funny story to this game, i was on the sidelines and the line judge was having a terrible time seeing the spot of the ball..no idea where they get these clowns.

I recall a 4th down with CC and he was yelling i cant see the spot I cant see the spot...CC had a turnover on downs. The guy was blind.

Gibbs gets another chance. I can see CC winning by 3 or 4 td's when they travel here though.

I watched Gibbs last week against my Central Bobcats and I was impressed. I think CC will win, but I think it will be very close. The key to this game will be Time of Possession. Last week, Gibbs had 3 long scoring drives against my Bobcats and it was ultimately the deciding factor in the game. If Gibbs controls the ball against CC like they did against Central, Gibbs will win. IMO, I think CC should win the toss, get the ball, and go down and score first. They dont want to give Gibbs the ball and let them run 7-8 mins off the clock and score. Score: CC-42 Gibbs-35

VN Store

Back