Fulton Falcons

orangepants2012

Not taking anything away from the likes of Ensworth,Maryville,Henry County but If you haven't seen Fulton you are missing out on a show. Against 6A Powell 46-0, 6A Bearden 52-0 with the mercy rule starting early in the 3rd in both games. Huge line and 4.3 speed on the outside. This team is for real.

Last edited:
What's really weird is how bad Austin East is. They used to have great rivalry games.

What's really weird is how bad Austin East is. They used to have great rivalry games.

Agree. Fulton plays them next and it's going to get real ugly real fast. A-E used to hang some pretty bad beat downs on Fulton back in the day but those days are long gone.

A-E has the big problem of losing many good athletes to other schools who might want a, "perceived or real," better educational environment. I believe Knox County has a transfer policy that allows a student to transfer to any school where they are not an ethnic majority, thus, A-E has lost a lot of good athletes as a result of that policy. Fulton, for one, has benefited from that, as has even Powell, which not too many years ago was sort of in the hinterlands and basically all-white. Other schools have benefited as well.

Please enlighten me, what is the mercy rule in hs football? Just a figure of speach or a real rule?

it is a real rule. somebody may have correct me on this but i think it goes into effect once a team has at least a 35 point lead, then the clock does not stop except for touchdowns. i think thats the way it reads. i've been out of high school a few years so it maybe different now but thats how it was when i played.

it is a real rule. somebody may have correct me on this but i think it goes into effect once a team has at least a 35 point lead, then the clock does not stop except for touchdowns. i think thats the way it reads. i've been out of high school a few years so it maybe different now but thats how it was when i played.

You are correct. At 35 points the clock does not stop except for an injury.

Reactions: 1 person
A-E has the big problem of losing many good athletes to other schools who might want a, "perceived or real," better educational environment. I believe Knox County has a transfer policy that allows a student to transfer to any school where they are not an ethnic majority, thus, A-E has lost a lot of good athletes as a result of that policy. Fulton, for one, has benefited from that, as has even Powell, which not too many years ago was sort of in the hinterlands and basically all-white. Other schools have benefited as well.

They shuttle some guys from the AE area to south Doyle and back, where my bro plays.

Nice story.. Powell had black players back in the 80's and 90's. Nice try

Please enlighten me, what is the mercy rule in hs football? Just a figure of speach or a real rule?

By rule, it can't go into effect until the 2nd half, but once a team gets a 35 point lead, the clock only stops if a coach calls a timeout or for an injury like the other poster said.

Nice story.. Powell had black players back in the 80's and 90's. Nice try

Powell still was overwhelmingly all-white. Can you name a few outstanding black players from that era that attended Powell, and what college they signed with? Probably not, but I'll hang up and listen!

Last edited:
Powell still was overwhelmingly all-white. Can you name a few outstanding black players from that era that attended Powell, and what college they signed with? Probably not, but I'll hang up and listen!

Wrong again friend! Preston and Jason Littlejohn, M. Clark, Rudy Stinson( Vol commit until he passed away). So hang up and listen....

And it still is overwhelmingly white. They still have black players.

Lol...Knox county rezoned the school district several years back. Some kids from the Central area came to Powell as well as some kids from NW Knoxville. That did help a bit. But AE lost some of their kids to Carter, further east. Not saying the transfer rule doesn't exist, but school rezoning IMO helped and hurt some schools.

Not taking anything away from the likes of Ensworth,Maryville,Henry County but If you haven't seen Fulton you are missing out on a show. Against 6A Powell 46-0, 6A Bearden 52-0 with the mercy rule starting early in the 3rd in both games. Huge line and 4.3 speed on the outside. This team is for real.

Sorry to keep posting. But I had to respond to idiotic posts.

Yes, Fulton is one of the best teams I've seen in East Tennessee in the past 10 years. I laughed as the Powell homers tried to say Powell was down and that's why they got smashed. Rather than give Fulton credit. And I live in Powell, Fulton just kicked that ass. They are for real.

Wrong again friend! Preston and Jason Littlejohn, M. Clark, Rudy Stinson( Vol commit until he passed away). So hang up and listen....

So, 20 years, the 80s and 90s as you claim, and five A-A athletes who were college material? Funny, I don't recognize those names from college football headlines. C-N maybe? Fulton has that many (5) on this one team. Powell is still overwhelmingly white, and always has been. Mobley is probably the best black athlete out of Powell in whatever number of years Powell has had black athletes and he is very, very recent, and he almost assuredly didn't grow up in Powell.

So, 20 years, the 80s and 90s as you claim, and five A-A athletes who were college material? Funny, I don't recognize those names from college football headlines. C-N maybe? Fulton has that many (5) on this one team. Powell is still overwhelmingly white, and always has been. Mobley is probably the best black athlete out of Powell in whatever number of years Powell has had black athletes and he is very, very recent, and he almost assuredly didn't grow up in Powell.

I did not go to school at Powell and I do not follow them. And to be honest I don't care. I posted about Fulton not Powell! Make all the excuses you want to justify why Fulton beat Powell I don't care. So if your done crying please move on!

Fulton is the truth. They won't have a close game this year.

And the only teams in the state they would struggle with are Maryville, Oakland, and the top-level privates. You could "maybe" add one of those stud 6A Memphis teams to the list if they end up bringing it again, but Fulton is one of the best this state has to offer regardless of class or division.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol...Knox county rezoned the school district several years back. Some kids from the Central area came to Powell as well as some kids from NW Knoxville. That did help a bit. But AE lost some of their kids to Carter, further east. Not saying the transfer rule doesn't exist, but school rezoning IMO helped and hurt some schools.

Rich your right. When they rezoned, it almost killed Central football. We lost kids to Powell, Fulton and West. The fact is that if they had never rezoned, Central would still be the powerhouse that it once was. Instead, we're trying to rebuild that program and its comming along fine. In a couple of yrs, Central will be back. As for Fulton and Powell, Fulton will not be touched by ANYBODY. Powell on the other hand has a big problem with their O-line. They are extremley young up front and they are inexpierencd on D. Owenby is a great QB and Gardin is decent, but they will struggle this year(They already have). Cant wait for that Powell at Central game

Rich your right. When they rezoned, it almost killed Central football. We lost kids to Powell, Fulton and West. The fact is that if they had never rezoned, Central would still be the powerhouse that it once was. Instead, we're trying to rebuild that program and its comming along fine. In a couple of yrs, Central will be back. As for Fulton and Powell, Fulton will not be touched by ANYBODY. Powell on the other hand has a big problem with their O-line. They are extremley young up front and they are inexpierencd on D. Owenby is a great QB and Gardin is decent, but they will struggle this year(They already have). Cant wait for that Powell at Central game

Central has a strong youth program. I believe it all starts there as well. Powell, well don't get me started.

VN Store

Back