High School Coaching

MSUDuo

Hey guys. Hope you don't mind me posting this here as I'm sure we have some high school coaches around here and I am in need of some advice.

Long story short, I just graduated with my degree in Education in SW Missouri. Finding a full time gig has proven to be more difficult than I could have imagined.

I've been presented by one of the districts I interviewed with an opportunity to substitute full time with them as well as become an assistant coach for the boys basketball team and the baseball team.

I have another interview with the coaches on Thursday and am looking for some things I should be mind full of or things that I need to do some serious thinking about before said interview.

I had always thought I would get into coaching as I've been involved in sports my entire life, but didn't think it would be this quit and am quite unorganized in my thoughts about what they might ask or things I should be ready with to present to them that will help me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey guys. Hope you don't mind me posting this here as I'm sure we have some high school coaches around here and I am in need of some advice.

Long story short, I just graduated with my degree in Education in SW Missouri. Finding a full time gig has proven to be more difficult than I could have imagined.

I've been presented by one of the districts I interviewed with an opportunity to substitute full time with them as well as become an assistant coach for the boys basketball team and the baseball team.

I have another interview with the coaches on Thursday and am looking for some things I should be mind full of or things that I need to do some serious thinking about before said interview.

I had always thought I would get into coaching as I've been involved in sports my entire life, but didn't think it would be this quit and am quite unorganized in my thoughts about what they might ask or things I should be ready with to present to them that will help me.

ask about pat some asst. dont get paidbut also good for future head coaching jobs

I plan on coaching high school football when I finish school, so I wish you luck my friend.

I have two family members in teaching well actually three. I can tell you this. Being a sub is unfortunately the route a lot of teachers have to take. I am even talking about teachers with masters. The sub deal may be something you take and if you prove yourself to be a good teacher and are able to get along with all teachers in your peer group I'd say you have a good chance of being hired fulltime next year. It is more important to get a teaching job first than a coaching job, that will come later. That's just the way it works in Rutherford County, a huge school system. I will add some counties like Davidson (TN),etc., the really big ones, you may have a better chance getting a fulltime job right off the bat but keep in mind, some of those bigger school systems may be more of a challenge. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Are you certified in any areas and what part of Tennessee are you looking for a job?

VN Store

Back