Football recruiting........

MOTOVOL

MY son is going into his senior year and we are neck deep into his recruiting . Does anyone that has been through it have suggestions? We are with a recruiting service and he has been to camps and combines. He has been invited to the NUC 100 camp. Is there more we can do?

no. unfortunately.He is big but not SEC big. He is 5'11 and 290 . He is SEC strong though. 400 lb bench 635 squat. I wish he could run out of that T though . I would cry like a baby.

Reactions: 10 people
send his video to everyone, go to every camp he can, be a workout warrior

Send his highlight tape to as many schools as possible and attend as many SCHOOL camps as possible

no. unfortunately.He is big but not SEC big. He is 5'11 and 290 . He is SEC strong though. 400 lb bench 635 squat. I wish he could run out of that T though . I would cry like a baby.

Tell him best of luck. Know that has to be stressful.

Send his highlight tape to as many schools as possible and attend as many SCHOOL camps as possible

If your HS coach has some relationship with Butch or his staff, send video to the staff. But... this will only work if the coach doesn't throw every freakin" player out there.

Recruiting comes in waves for a player. Once one team that's good jumps, other offers follow it. It sometimes feels like feast or famine. Camps and sending tape is good. Hopefully a few teams start jumping and his options increase from there.

MY son is going into his senior year and we are neck deep into his recruiting . Does anyone that has been through it have suggestions? We are with a recruiting service and he has been to camps and combines. He has been invited to the NUC 100 camp. Is there more we can do?

Best of luck!

Good luck to him. Keep us posted. Would love To hear details of what a real college recruitment is like. My 5'11 160 self got recruited by two NAIA schools for cross-country, lol. It involved 4 phone calls an a no-expense paid visit.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm currently being recruited by several smaller division 1, 2 and NAIA schools for basketball. I haven't used any online services, my coach has just called around and sent tape and letters to coaches. That also helps with getting invites to camps. Camps and my coach is really what got me recognized. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 person
He has been invited to some d2 schools for camps and some NAIA and the biggest invite to camp he has gotten was from MTSU. We are very thankful for the ones talking to him and hope they keep coming. On a side note he did ask me what I would do if Alabama offered. My response was I would have to hope for him to have a good game on that saturday but at the end he and his teammates got their asses handed to them. GBO! Thank to all the advice and will keep everyone updated.

if those are his numbers then someone is not doing their job. that strong will survive in sec. i could see him pushing defense line back on azz. email me at yahoo

if those are his numbers then someone is not doing their job. that strong will survive in sec. i could see him pushing defense line back on azz. email me at yahoo

Thanks . Do you want me to email you his highlight?

Good luck to him. Keep us posted. Would love To hear details of what a real college recruitment is like. My 5'11 160 self got recruited by two NAIA schools for cross-country, lol. It involved 4 phone calls an a no-expense paid visit.

Sounds like my tennis recruitment to Cumberland College, which is also NAIA. I think we got our parking validated.

What position does he play? He certainly sounds strong enough to play DL - anybody remember Jimmy Noonan? I'd make him where shoe inserts and list himself as 6' even...

What position does he play? He certainly sounds strong enough to play DL - anybody remember Jimmy Noonan? I'd make him where shoe inserts and list himself as 6' even...

That is is actually something we thought about.lol
We actually thought about putting them into his socks. He plays nose on defense and guard on offense. He is quick (not fast ) he had a 4.8 on the shuttle at the NUC combine.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with this, but, my suggestions below...

Post those videos to youtube. Use twitter and send the link directly to the coaches at the schools you are targeting. Hit them all - repeatedly.

As others have said all the SCHOOL camps are a must.

Suggestion 1. Fires the recruiting service.

Suggestion 2. Tell his hc where he wants to go, and ask what he can do to help.

Suggestion 3. Ensure his act/sat scores are top notch. I've seen too many kids who had d1 talent, slip through the cracks because the didn't take the act until they were sr's.

The recruiting services are really just to help me track what is going on . His ACT was a 21 . He is also on hudl and twitter. We are going to camps all summer and we are hoping to get invited to the top 100 camp in Georgia in June.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back