Oak Ridge Song

BallerVol

Hey guys, I graduated last year and my school wanted me to make a song, so I made one. It had to be short so that they could play it in between quarters for basketball. Hope ya'll enjoy. Wildcat Pride - YouTube

Sounds more like rap than music. Rapping ain't singing, therefore it is not a song.

Sounds more like rap than music. Rapping ain't singing, therefore it is not a song.

Yeah, don't you just love it when dudes come out with these "songs" ? 20 million rappers indicates there aint much too it, any brother can do it. Songs are supposed to have melodies. Original too. What is the reason for being if you are like everyone else? The rap industry has duped this generation; sold them a billion dollars worth of----noise. Beethoven= music.

Put 10 years in music appreciation--then get back to me.

Yeah, don't you just love it when dudes come out with these "songs" ? 20 million rappers indicates there aint much too it, any brother can do it. Songs are supposed to have melodies. Original too. What is the reason for being if you are like everyone else? The rap industry has duped this generation; sold them a billion dollars worth of----noise. Beethoven= music.

Give him a break he said it was his first.:rock:

Not trying to get smart, just thought you'd like to know that I'm a college student the UT system. Also, I've put quite a bit of work into my music, as I've been writing and recording since I was about 14 years the old. Oh, and you know how we should use original melodies? Well my friend made the beat from scratch. I'm not trying to persuade you to like one genre or another, as I am a fan of literally almost every genre out there. I understand if you don't like one kind of music, just think you should know that things aren't always as they seem, that is all.

Reactions: 3 people

You know to our grandparents, the Beatles just sounded like noise.

Simmer down gramps and allow the nurse to bring your applesauce.

Reactions: 2 people
Not comparing this guy to the Beatles, but the poster I was replying to lumped all rap together.

NO, I lumped all CRAP together. 100 years from now---it will still be noise. Just because you're young; is no excuse. I knew good music when I was 7 . As I said earlier, yall have been duped. Anti establishment is the attitude that led to the decline in real art. Now it is monkey see monkey do. Learn to play an instrument. Not make up a 'Beat" Play something. There's the joy in music. YES-------I can play. And well. And write real melodies.

Student at UT? Doesn't matter if you have no ear for music. Gotta be high on something to listen to that noise. I don't see too many savage beasts being soothed by the stuff yall call music.

NO, I lumped all CRAP together. 100 years from now---it will still be noise. Just because you're young; is no excuse. I knew good music when I was 7 . As I said earlier, yall have been duped. Anti establishment is the attitude that led to the decline in real art. Now it is monkey see monkey do. Learn to play an instrument. Not make up a 'Beat" Play something. There's the joy in music. YES-------I can play. And well. And write real melodies.

Student at UT? Doesn't matter if you have no ear for music. Gotta be high on something to listen to that noise. I don't see too many savage beasts being soothed by the stuff yall call music.

LOL... :lolabove: What you say.... it's...it's....what the youth these days would call "music" to my ears

But hey, if you don't like it... then I'm not forcing you to listen. As I said, I am a MUSIC fan and not a fan of one genre or another. Some people like it, and some people don't. Just don't get all defensive when someone suggests people to just relax and take it for what it is. ( A song made for a basketball game for his former high school... made in less than 24 hours)

Nice job, man. Former Wildcat here. Nice shout out to one of my best friends in the world, David Clary.

I'm reminded of the rant that starts at 1:36...language warning:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKx6EuMZWM[/youtube]

Haha...if you spent enough time with Dave, you probably heard a story about me. I worked with him for 2 summers at Buck Tom's in the 90s. He always loved his radio crew and film guys.

Haha...if you spent enough time with Dave, you probably heard a story about me. I worked with him for 2 summers at Buck Tom's in the 90s. He always loved his radio crew and film guys.

haha probably, He's one of the nicest people I know

Hey just for those who care about ORHS, the Wildcats play tonight at Oak Ridge..If they win they go to state.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back