538 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Moving on Page 2. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. Originally Posted by fade route Ha! My only memory of Mt. Juliet was when I pitched against them as a ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee High School Sports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
Ha! My only memory of Mt. Juliet was when I pitched against them as a junior. It was cold and rainy and they absolutely pummeled me. I got yanked ithe 4th inning........good times.
Baseball and Basketball are the only two sports we've been perennially good at. Otherwise, until 2 seasons ago, our best year was a 6-4 season in my junior year that ended in the state semis with a home loss to Munford HS outside of memphis. Lost 10-9 at home and a shot at the Clinic Bowl. I still remember the goob that planted the Munford flag on our 50 yard line and how many people wanted to kill him that night.
"I believe in Tennessee football. I believe in our fan base. I want to be a part of building something special and having that responsibility getting Tennessee football back. And I love Tennessee. If it kills me, it kills me--but I'm going to put everything that I have into bringing Tennessee football back." --Butch Jones
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)

Montgomery Bell Academy--long time traditional private school. It is all male but I still think MBA is the premier school for athletics and academics. The "companion" girls school is Harpeth Halls. Great academics and solid athletics.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Negalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volinnooga View Post
Montgomery Bell Academy--long time traditional private school. It is all male but I still think MBA is the premier school for athletics and academics. The "companion" girls school is Harpeth Halls. Great academics and solid athletics.

Didn't Reece Witherspoon go to Harpeth?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_in_ar View Post
MBA is about 18 grand a year to attend
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatInVolnation View Post
Private schools in the Nashville area with good football are, in no particular order, Montgomery Bell Academy, Ensworth, and Brentwood Academy. To a lesser extent, CPA and David Lipscomb are private schools with decent football teams. It seems that the Nashville area public schools are not as good football schools (probably because their best players end up at MBA, Ensworth, or BA) and I understand the academics are pedestrian at best in Nashville area public schools. Rutherford County is supposed to have good academic high schools (particularly, Siegel and Blackman) and is rumored to have the best football conference in Tennessee--though, it is pretty clear by now that Maryville is the best program in the state because Maryville has beaten Rutherford County area teams in the playoffs the last several years. Riverdale is the historical football school but Siegel and Blackman have been very good recently as well. Oakland has also been fairly good. In Williamson County, I think Brentwood High School is supposed to be a good public high school and I think they have a decent football program. I am not sure if there are other similar schools in Williamson County but there probably are because that is the highest income county in Tennessee. I am not sure about Sumner and Wilson counties. Some other people may have more knowledge than I do about the other areas and some different thoughts on my list.
Spot-on analysis.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thanks everybody that helps alot
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
I went to McGavock.......stay far away. Jmo.
Given the results in this case I would agree.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

Williamson county in general is a great place to live. Brentwood HS has a pretty good football team year in and year out (very costly real estate compared to the rest of tn). Centennial HS has not in the past had a good program but this year did better than usual( less expensive but still pricey but there is some affordable stuff) Franklin HS historically has had decent teams ( same as Centennial prices for 180k-you name it). Ravenwood HS is a newer school ~10yrs and I think they have done well one year(homes in Brentwood) Independence HS is <10 yrs and they are building a decent program( much more affordable homes). There are other schools in the county but those are the bigger schools. THe private schools mentioned Ensworth and MBA are $20k/year in tuition. BA I think is a little less.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Vol View Post
Ensworth or Brentwood Academy if private
Definitely Ensworth. 3 straight football championships. Soon-to-be 3 straight basketball state championships
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Several other private schools with football traditions is Goodpasture & Lipscomb Academy
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Gloomed to Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_in_ar View Post
MBA is about 18 grand a year to attend
Ensworth is about the same. The two schools are very similar except that Ensworth has females and laptops.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP